Horror on the Polar Express

By Andyroo2, in Grimm RPG

I have decided to convert an excellent old Call of Cthulhu adventure pack titled Horror on the Orient Express for the Grimm RPG.

Instead of the Orient Express, I will set it in the Polar Express (as in the animated Tom Hanks movie) where the children travel towards the North Pole during Christmas Eve only to be diverted into the Grimm Lands by some sinister plot!

I'm yet to work out some of the details, but I'm convinced it'll be a fun adventure to run.

Oooooh sounds great. Just in time for the holidays too! I'd like to hear more about it, like the goal and challenges and what not.

The first thing I'd like to consider, and everyone can help throw suggestions at this point , because the adventure is one of finding parts of an item (I will not spoil the plot for those who wish to play the actual CoC adventure) and making sure it doesn't fall into the hands of a secret cult (I'm yet to decide what those antagonists actaully are).

There are six parts of this particular item to find, perhaps it could be a bags of presents or something Christmassy, but these presents could contain something very sinister. This is also sounding the like upcoming Harry Potter film where they have to find the Horcruxes to destroy Voldemort.

I have found the perfect material to use with this adventure as well as a good recommendation for other Grimm players, that is from the Puppetland RPG that used to be released by Hogshead Publishing years ago.

The setting of Puppetland is that there was once a human puppet maker who created Puppetland, but one day Punch turned bad and killed him and then skinned him, using his skin to create six evil puppets.

So the children will have to find and destroy each of the evil puppets and then collect the skins to hopefully revive the maker, with the help of the maker's tear stored inside a thimble carried by the puppet Judy. Eventually they will have to face punch and defeat his sadistic kingdom before the kids can finally leave the Grimm Lands and head to the North Pole to meet Santa.

The puppet maker is perfect in line for the Christmas adventure since it'll involve toys.

But check out the Puppetland RPG, it has a good background to use with Grimm.