Location Location Location

By Githanas, in A Game of Thrones LCG

What does everyone think about releasing a location chapter pack. I think it would help with deck building a lot.

What kind of locations are you talking about? I think a whole chapter pack of reprinted basic resources would be pretty boring, especially now that the "little box expansions" are 3x copies, and not really that much of a help to deckbuilding. I don't hear people saying "I haven't got enough Fiefdoms."

ktom said:

What kind of locations are you talking about? I think a whole chapter pack of reprinted basic resources would be pretty boring, especially now that the "little box expansions" are 3x copies, and not really that much of a help to deckbuilding. I don't hear people saying "I haven't got enough Fiefdoms."

Agreed.

If you are just using cards from the living card game I can see your point but I have been playing this game for a long time and take it from me you need it. Also I was thinking the basic locations fallow fields, roseroad, searoad, etc. Then throw in some old rares to make it exciting. Right now it might seem boring but when you have over ten decks it will not.

Githanas said:

If you are just using cards from the living card game I can see your point but I have been playing this game for a long time and take it from me you need it. Also I was thinking the basic locations fallow fields, roseroad, searoad, etc. Then throw in some old rares to make it exciting. Right now it might seem boring but when you have over ten decks it will not.

I've got over 10 decks, it still seems boring gui%C3%B1o.gif I wouldn't mind some more locations in the chapter packs, but not a full pack full or reprints of the normal reducers.

I'm not entirely sure what your exact point is, so I'll kind of address a bit of everything:

FFG doesn't support CCG anymore. That is, they design cards with LCG solely in mind.

Second, there really are enough income providing locations for LCG (if you're talking about CCG, then use CCG cards, no?). The Core Set has the Cross Roads. Each Great House has a 0-cost non-unique limited 1 gold providing locations in addition to a 1-cost unique 1 gold, 1 influence providing location. There is also Kingdom of Shadows, which is a 1-cost 1 gold providing location that shares the banner of all the Great Houses. This is on top of the many reducers that exist in the game

Third, the new expansion boxes provide extra copies of gold providing locations for the specific House it is expanding. Additionally, the Baratheon expansion comes with The Sea Road and The Rose Road.

If what you're trying to say is that their should be more copies of existing gold locations because you have so many decks my best advice is to just use the CCG versions. The LCG ones are exact reprints, and since you've been playing so long you should have them readily available. You could also take the more expensive route and buy more copies of the LCG expansions. Or you could simply swap out gold locations between your myriad of decks as you play with them.

Also, LCG is supposed more resource intensive than CCG (although that is slowly changing) otherwise everyone would have too high of a gold curve and costs on cards would become less significant. Everything would probably become "too cheap" if they reprinted cards like The Riverlands, The Reach, and The Vale.

Githanas said:

Basic resources are being reprinted in each small-box expansion. I still don't think a Chapter Pack of resource locations would be very interesting, or is even necessary, in the current environment - especially if they are reprints. Now, Chapter Packs dedicated to new cards by card-type could be interesting and make purchases easier ("this is the character set, this is the plot set, etc."), but a reprint pack pretty much just to have basic resources would probably go over like a lead balloon.

Im a new player and I also agree this would make a boring chapter pack.

Big box add on, especially baratheon's, adds loads of locations, coupled with 2 copies or core set it should give you enough locations for 2 or even 3 decks for that house. So really what we need are lannister and targaryen big boxes.

Ive come to the game as a fan of the books and i feel that there are still tons of interesting characters from the books who need to be put onto the cards. As far as i know we dont even have 'the mountain' clegane yet?

To help you solve your specific problem try an ebay search for the draft packs ffg put out a few years back.