Normandy & Designer Series Information

By player674990, in Tide of Iron

Hello all,

Just wanted to ask FFG if there was any new news concerning these two much anticapated releases--hopefully prior to the holidays...

Oh please! Oh please! Oh please!

Waiting as well....

I am interested as well.

Will the production run include foreign languages also? Or do we need to wait for the second printing to grab it ?

im anxious to hear something new as well

I dont even own the game yet (working on a trade) but I am looking forward to the book!

I AM REALLY LOOKING FORWARD TO NORMANDY

if you hadn't noticed :)

Although i still have to get days of the fox (yes i know...)

Gallagen said:

I AM REALLY LOOKING FORWARD TO NORMANDY

yea me too!!! :)

Very curious as to the 'mega multi-player' scenario requiring two copies of Tide of Iron...very tempted to buy a second copy in preparation (now THERE's trust!)

... or obsession :-)

Cheers!

Ian

ISDSharpe said:

Very curious as to the 'mega multi-player' scenario requiring two copies of Tide of Iron...very tempted to buy a second copy in preparation (now THERE's trust!)

Cheers!

Ian

Don't buy a second copy just yet. There was talk on the BoardGameGeek website that there will be map packs available for ToI that have updated art and better color. I'd wait to see what the scenario looks like and possibly purchase the map pack if that is the direction ToI is going. I'm guessing it will be kind of like the Epic expansion for Battlelore.

My 2 cents.

Maus

While I agree with 7times7is49 about waiting and seeing on the scenerio requirements, according to the boardgamegeek the map pack release is almost 6 months later than the designers series book. fortunately a friend and I both have sets so we'll be ok.

As an answer to my question about the release of these expensions, Jeremy Stomberg replied:

"We expect both to be on US store shelves by Christmas, but cannot promise that they will be available in Europe at precisely the same time."

hmmm ... can't wait !!!

Mega-multiplayer scenario...? Where did you read that? Could you direct me?

On the page http://new.fantasyflightgames.com/edge_minisite_sec.asp?eidm=8&esem=2 you will find the text:

The Tide of Iron: Designer Series is an incredible addition to the Tide of Iron base game, offering a whole new level of depth and historical context for players to enjoy.

* Scenarios vary from short, fast-play skirmishes to massive tactical battles.
* Historical backgrounds and anecdotes for each scenario written by the scenario designer.
* Several scenarios incorporate the North Africa Days of the Fox Expansion.
* One epic scenario which requires two copies of Tide of Iron for a massive, multiplayer experience.

Hello!

1. I am very interested in Normandy and informations about it (maybe the rulebook of this expansion online?) Then i know, what the game components are and which rules comes forth with it.

2. I looked at the description of the Designer Series and read about the mega-scenario. Because i won't buy a second box, i was not interested in this scenario, but if this scenario can be played with the terrain-expansion, then i would be very appreciated :-)

Hope more informations about the upcoming products will soon be online

Greetings from Germany,

Kasi

Maus said:

ISDSharpe said:

Cheers!

Ian

Don't buy a second copy just yet. There was talk on the BoardGameGeek website that there will be map packs available for ToI that have updated art and better color. I'd wait to see what the scenario looks like and possibly purchase the map pack if that is the direction ToI is going. I'm guessing it will be kind of like the Epic expansion for Battlelore.

My 2 cents.

Maus

That has been confirmed. Not sure how I feel about the new art and updated tokens though. It's not like we needed it!