Weapon Upgrades refering to sight.

By TechVoid, in Deathwatch House Rules

Hi folks,

I am just curious.

First, our GM allowed Red-Dot Laser sight to work with burst and full-auto. On the one hand I would simply accept it as a player but on the other hand I wonder what changes it would make. I simply think that it is hard to get similar boni for single shots, like aim and accurate weapon trait. So Red-Dot Laser Sight gives an additional worthy bonus.

If you want a similar bonus for full-auto mode you have to use a motion predictor.

Second I wonder about telescopic sight. It simply says that you need a full round to aim and then can ignore long and extrem range. So you can use burst and auto-fire?

Which takes me a bit off-topic to the next question: Burst and Full-Auto mainly do not work with aiming since Burst and Full-Auto is a Full Action. But take the stealth suite from the Tau, he has the trait auto-stabilized and thus Full-Auto is a Half-Action. Does that mean he can use Aim in addition to Full-Auto? Seems a bit odd to me.

Cheers,

TechVoid.

Red-dot is for single shot.

Motion predictor is for Automatic fire.

Aim can be used with Full Auto if the Aim is done the previous round.

I wouldn't allow a Red Dot for semi and full auto fire, the simple bonuses from those fire modes should be more than enough.

And Fresnel is right, aim can be done so long as it's done the previous round (or a half aim with the deathwatch harness)- the trick you cannot do with full auto is called shots.