Ohayocon 2009

By TripsEX, in UFS Fan Announcements

Anything planned? It's in Ohio. I think.

I'm not sure, I was drunk when I agreed to go. I kind of have to go now.

If there isn't, maybe we could get somethign worked up for it? When is it exactly?

Well I found out that it's going to be at the Greater Columbus Convention Center in Ohio. January 30th to February 1st.

I'll even be down for finding some playgroup to play with at sometime for a little bit. Just to get out there and meet all you lovely UFS players.

Is this going to be the site of one of the regionals .

I dont know. Likely not, since we haven't heard anything. However, it wouldnt have been a terrible idea.

It is a not-so-good idea for these reasons:

1.) we just found out about regionals information being OK GO about a week ago, as a result, I wouldn't have had much time to get people together to get their butts there and get things OK'ed with Ohayocon.

2.) Entry in to Ohayocon is close to thirty some dollars, and this cover charge would not give me any money back to compensate for the regionals kit. I'm trying to imagine how tough its going to be getting the required attendents for the regionals WITHOUT a ~30 + entry, let alone just straight up entry fee.

3.) Difficulty negotiating past demo events last year with this group sort of discouraged me from wanting to try it this year.

In other news, apparently a gaming store owner, where I run most of my events now, is in real tight with Ohayocon. They apparently really want me to run something 'official' there, and at any future Ohio Gaming Organization conventions.

As a result, I will be there all three days, for the most part doing demo tournaments (30 card decks that I provide to teach people in a semi organized fasion with older / extra promos to give away to the prospective new players), and on one of the days (probably early-ish on Sunday, pending no conflicts with anyone that is interested's schedual) run an 'official' tournament, ie. standard constructed with some of this months promo pool, a few comics and some other fighting game related junk I can find lying around the house.

HOWEVER, it is possible that some freak occurance could... occur to allow... well... not so much allow, it would have to strongly recommend, this date (January 30-Feb 1) as a regionals, then so be it. However, for now Ohayocon shall just be me unofficially representing UFS, perhaps in a Kyo, Iori, or really bad Haohmaru outfit. Not sure where I'll be, but its definitely in 'the gaming hall' and barring that, the bar attached to the convention center connected to the Hyatt hotel (the site of last years origins' karaoke).

Let me know if there is interest in attending this, either if it were a regionals, or if it were just me (and 3+ of my local players) with some extra prizes.

Game on.