Deathwatch Character Generator

By Altamirus, in Deathwatch Gamemasters

Hello,

Does anyone know if there's a DW character generator out there somewhere? I'm trying to save time building NPCs, I would much rather focus on the backgrounds for each character rather than crunching numbers all the time for each new NPC.

Also, presuming that you don't use the Extraction mini-game does anyone have any suggestions on how to build worlds for a DW campaign? The Extraction package suggests that even though there is enough information to start a game, the GM can change or fill in more information as needed. For my own worlds I've found planetary maps from Voyager-2 and other space probes that include detailed views of local moons and planets, and I've renamed those for my purposes. What I haven't found, other than the planet type descriptions on p. 292-294 is something that could tell me about valuable mineral deposits that could be used for Tithes which is discussed in the Planetary Datafax on p. 384. Is there an Imperial standard somewhere?

Lastly, considering the covert "special ops" nature of DW kill-teams, I also wanted to give my players a sense of freedom so I've used some information on Lexicanum to assign the team to an Imperial Destroyer, because otherwise DW seem to be bound to particular locations like Watch Stations or planetary fortresses which would be their base of operations. Is there any other resource that might give more information on the ship-to-ship abilities for interstellar combat? The DW campaign points to either Tyranid, Chaos or Tau (barring the infiltration inside of an Imperial Command Center) for major adversaries, most of whom would have powerful fleets, particularly the Tyranids. Is there mechanic for ship combat in Rogue Trader that can be used for the purposes of a Deathwatch kill-team scouting a solar system?

If any other GMs out there have answers to any of my questions, I would be grateful to those that share the knowledge.

i believe the middle child of the 40k rpg universe, rogue trader, has rules on ship to ship combat.