SE Custom Images for DIY

By Musha Shukou, in Fan Creations

So, the DIY tutorial shows you how to create a card and gives you the "lg-misc-front-sheet" to use as your background but what if I have my own image that I would like to use? The tutorial says, "If we wanted to use our own custom image for the card, we'd have to add appropriate keys to the program settings and put the images we want to use in with the rest of the files for our extension."

Could you please elaborate on this? How do I change the program settings to what I need? How do I even access the program settings? Does "put the images we want to use in with the rest of the files for our extension" mean that we would have to copy the images to our DIY folder itself, like we did with the "Enemy" cards? Or could we store them in the same place as the "lg-misc-front-sheet" picture?

Have a look at the examples in the plug-in authoring kit's diy folder, especially the Talisman example. (Note that the current kit has a bunch of _vti_cnf folders in it that shouldn't be there; just delete those. I haven't had time to post a correction.)

Cheers,
Chris