Core Exxet Tables! (Athleticism, Swim, Jump, Feats of Strength) Translation

By Swordwraith, in Anima: Beyond Fantasy RPG

Edge has generously made the new Anima rulebook revision (Core Exxet) available as a PDF, so I snapped up a copy. (Saving myself about $40 in the process). While most of the changes seem fairly minor so far, there are a number of very useful additions in there, most notably something that people have been seeking for awhile now: Namely, tables that give hard rulings on how Athleticism, Jump, Swim etc. work.

I've translated the tables and made them available in the following excel file - It'll camp out at Megaupload for a bit, until it makes a permanent home at my campaign's wiki.

Quick Note:

Athleticism - Three types of rolls here.
1) To see how long you can run at max speed.
2) To see how long you can run before losing a point of Fatigue.
3) To attempt to increase your Movement value beyond its normal maximum

Everything else should be self explanatory.

http://www.megaupload.com/?d=RR05J2CW

Enjoy.

Thank you very much for this little bit of information. I saw the feats of strength one on the demo pages and immediately used it for myself, but thanks for the others.

Also I heard that combat and magic changed a bit. Maybe not give us a full translation or conversion, but could you give information about what has changed between those two.

Thanks for this info. I have the corebook from FFG and it is missing these tables.

thats because these tables were added in Core Exxet (Remade Core book)

Raybras said:

thats because these tables were added in Core Exxet (Remade Core book)

Yeah well, that sucks :D

Seriously, the corebook should have checked a bit more thoroughly then before publication then. How else would someone know how to use the Athleticism or Jump ability?

But I digress, it is a good system. Just the core book needs more info.

Any ideas when the Core Exxet will be made available in English?

Maelstrom said:

Seriously, the corebook should have checked a bit more thoroughly then before publication then. How else would someone know how to use the Athleticism or Jump ability?

Any ideas when the Core Exxet will be made available in English?

FWIW the English language version of Anima is actually based on the second "cleaned up" printing of the game. There was a version with a white bar at the top of the cover in Spanish before that :)

No definite dates for Core Exxet but I would say before Gencon 2012 would be a good bet. Its not significantly different from the current core book but it does have some key changes (and better artwork in places).

all hail better artwork! =D

Because MegaUpload ist down and someone have requested information to this, I have uploaded the tables to depositfiles:

http://depositfiles.com/files/6qkd5jkyd

So long,

Thanks F3nr1s. Megauploads being removed has been annoying.

It's a shame the depositfiles link is dead. Then agian, it has been 2 years so it's expected.