Painting Dust figures a wargamers perspective

By guest99239, in Dust Tactics

Well my copy turned up yesterday, and ive been furiously painting today to get the germans done. Got to say im impressed with the sculpts, and also the finish on the figures out of the box. Despite being described as undercoated, i was extremly dubious, and thought id have to spray all of them before painting - however im pleased to report that the basecoat is really good - taking an ink wash very well with no further preperation. My first german mech was given a black citadel ink wash, then drybrushed - its given it a lot more depth. Ill post some pics soon.

A little disspointed by the lack of ammo pouches/ grenades ect on the figures ect... will have to find some other 28mm figures that do these as seperates - since they would add an extra level of detail on these otherwise goergous figures.

Overall though, wow - easily the best AEww2 infantry figures available i just hope that the game sells well enough so that the follow up sets see the light of day - i just think that FFG needs to do some more scenarios, free stuff online to keep the game alive between releases, and keep gamers interested... its the first few months that make or break this kind of game !

Great post! As a miniature painter I've been wondering about the Dust minins myself. Glad to hear they're as paint friendly as I hoped.

Really looking forward to getting stuck in with those German mechs. :D

try tamiya's 1/48 german battle rattle set, also their infantry set has a lot of extras. the weapons arent to scale but the pouches canteens etc look pretty good. looking forward to seeing some pics.

Now that I am looking at the minis in the set in person, I am sure they will get painted. Just recently finished all my Runewars, and after those models, these guys should be easy.

Nothing complicated. Pick out a couple of details, wash, and a couple highlights should be enough I would think.

well since they are the sole distributors and marketrs of this game per what ever contract they made with dust games , i agree,it would be nice to see some intrest on their part with some online activity like the scenarios and such , even just some fluff , illustrations , etc .......... .

this is my first real interaction with FFG , but from all the other stuff i have been looking at here , it seems they take a hands off approach once the games are out .

Were are the pictures??? happy.gif