Forbidden Tome in Dragon Chamber & Secret Door = Extra Move?

By abersen, in DungeonQuest

Hi,

Two questions came up while playing DungeonQuest yesterday:

1. Do you continue to draw dragon cards in the treasure chamber after drawing the "Forbidden Tome" - treasure card? ( it gives you the ability to roll two dice at the start of each turn and follow the results)

2. If you find a secret door via searching, you can immediately move again. Do you also encounter the newly placed catacomb tile in the same move or on your next turn?

Thanx

1. I don't believe I ever drew the Forbidden Tome so I'm not sure what it does. However, if it says to roll two dice to see what the outcome would be, you would still roll it then follow the card's instructions. If those instructions do not prevent you from leaving the treasure chamber or from drawing dragon cards, I would say you can still draw the dragon cards.

2. Even if you search and find a secret passage and the next tile you draw is a catacomb tile, you would still just draw a dungeon card and wait until your next turn to move below the catacombs just like normal.

Sorry, but i meant dungeon tile, not catacomb....the problem is: Do you get a complete extra move through drawing secret door?

abersen said:

Sorry, but i meant dungeon tile, not catacomb....the problem is: Do you get a complete extra move through drawing secret door?

When you find a secret door, you move orthogonal to your current tile to an adjacent area. If the area is unexplored, you draw a tile and encounter it. If the area is explored, you encounter the already-present tile.