What Arkham Miniatures Should I buy?

By GhostWolf69, in Mansions of Madness

Just curious if there is a complete list of Investigators for this game somewhere, since I would like to buy Arkham Minis to match.

Eventually I'll probably own all Arkham Minis, but starting out small I would like to cover this game as well.

/wolf

It looks like these would be the playable caracters in the base game:

Jenny Barnes
Sister Mary
Joe Diamond
Kate Winthrop
Harvey Walters
Michael McGlen
"Ashcan" Pete
Gloria Goldberg

I'm not sure about buying the minatures that come with the Game,I'm thinking I'll need to paint the "monsters" anyway so might as well paint the Game Inv. and save the money. I'm more inclined to pick up ones that are not in the Game for straight AH.

OD

I wish unpainted minis were available at a cheaper price. The painted figs aren't bad, but I like more control over color scheme and whatnot. As it stands, I'll probably just stick with MoM and any figs that come with it. I'm sure expansions will have additional characters. Hopefully, some of my favorites will make it into those.

I wish I knew what kind of paint we needed...I've got to buy supplies and tools for this.

Post Monster said:

I wish I knew what kind of paint we needed...I've got to buy supplies and tools for this.

Acrylic paint should be just fine.

I'm hoping for a release of the complete set of miniatures unpainted too. The price point and paint execution on the painted minis is just to high and too poor for my wallet/taste.