They're here!

By jgt7771, in Arkham Horror Investigators

Never mind, probably saves a bit on postage. Just bought mine babeo.gif

Hey,Shub-Niggurath.

Have your mini's been delivered to you yet?

I placed my order on sunday (7th) and according the FFG web site it says "pending shipping" for the order status.

Has anyone actually received their order? I am looking forward to see more pictures of them, some of the minis look great, while others put me off... Still having doubts... Can anyone post some extra pictures to convince me?

Thanks in advance!

Golivier

No I've not got mine yet - but I live in the UK so could be a while. I will post the day they arrive and let you know what I think of them.

I had similar feelings looking at the photos of the War of The Ring Collectors Edition's miniatures - but i was pleasantly suprised when the actual painted figures arrived. Maybe the enlarged photos magnify any mistakes, or perhaps some are painted better than others?

I placed my order on the 4th and it also says "Pending Shipping". I guess they pend for quite some time... I was hoping to be able to use them for my game next week, but that's looking less likely.

I got my set of minis today. Ordered on the 2nd and shipped on the 8th (live in CA). 2 of them came damaged and were off their base >.<

That's a shame, though I am sure (if the damage is noticeable) the FFG customer service will replace the miniatures for you. Just get in touch with them, even if you don't want them to replace the miniatures, it's important for them to know in what state the miniatures are in when customers receive them. So they can do something about it if they get more reports of ''broken'' / ''damaged'' miniatures.

I'm pretty impressed with the quality of the minis in the online store; I've ordered 15 and got notification that they shipped today. Any word on if FFG will also offer painted versions of the monsters in Mansions of Mystery?

Regards,

V

Just received shipped conformation on my mini order. I feel like Christmas about these things.

I was wondering also has any one seen the Litko stuff for Arkham horror, mainly the Miniature stand: Each stand is designed to fit your *Arkham HorrorĀ® miniatures and card tokens. These stands give your player maximum visibility during your game. If you have used or seen these, any feedback is welcome.

After 3 weeks my set finaly arrived here in England. I am very pleased with them and spent some time looking at them all. The packaging is really useful as you can put the figures back in their small plastic packets to protect them while not in use, but still see them clearly. The packets make nice display stands too.

The poses are on the whole good and the paint quality is fine, although not as good as an experienced figure painter might paint their own (but better than I could do and good value for money).

Figures I particularly liked were:

Dexter Drake - just great sculpt, colours & painting (my favourite)

Harvey Walters - great sculpt & detailed painting

Akachi Onyele - dramatic pose & good colour scheme

Marie Lambeau & Jacquline Fine - nice sculpt, nice flapper dress

Luke Robinson - nice pose and yellow robe stands out from the others

I could go on there are many realy good ones...

A few figures I was not so keen on:

Lily Chen - not a great sculpt/pose & basic paint job.

Patrice Hathaway - sausage like violin bow far too thick and bent.

Painting quality is basic but good - most notable flaws occur on the faces (although the vast majority look really good). Characters with glasses are particularly prone to look a bit of a mess - too much detail attempted. The most common small black eyes are effective, when whites and pupils are attempted the brush just can't cope with the detail.

I like the overall colours used - just right for Arkham Horror.

My Hank Samson had a bent fork handle (I can sort this with a hairdryer) and 3 figures had been stuck on the base at a slight angle - looking a bit drunk.

However these are niggles - they are a great set. If you were picking out the individual figures in a shop you could avoid any wonky poses or poorly painted faces. The slight imperfections mentioned are minor issues and will not be noticed when using them as game pieces.

I'm pleased to have the whole set and may now play with characters not previously selected just because they have a great figure. All figures means I can draw randomly too.

Got mine in today. So far, I just have the 24 miniatures for Base Game & Dunwitch. I really dig them.

Least favorite: Rita Young (I wish her pose was the "alert" one from her card, not the "track meet" pose she's in.

My top 5 from owned: 5: Mandy Thompson 4: Jim Culver 3: Dexter Drake 2:Harvey Walters 1: Jenny Barnes (Just a really sweet sculpt concept)

ELew said:

Got mine in today. So far, I just have the 24 miniatures for Base Game & Dunwitch. I really dig them.

Least favorite: Rita Young (I wish her pose was the "alert" one from her card, not the "track meet" pose she's in.

My top 5 from owned: 5: Mandy Thompson 4: Jim Culver 3: Dexter Drake 2:Harvey Walters 1: Jenny Barnes (Just a really sweet sculpt concept)

I only bought 20 so far. I didn't buy Rita or Lily, two of my favorities because their poses looked so out of place. So we don't always get to be the character on the card. Most often chosen so far is Roland (very generic) , Charlie (looks like me), Marie (nice 20's outfit) and Jim Culver. Love Dexter and Jenny though. Don't have Harvey but with two very postive votes so far, might have to do that.

I am looking forward to see more pictures of them, some of the minis look great, while others put me off

Redtube Beeg Spankbang

Edited by harrykayn