Rotting Away (Spoiler)

By marius8, in CoC General Discussion

The dangers of over-exerting your board position is revealed in the 9th spoiler: Rotting Away . And happy newyear! :D

Great job Marius! Sometimes it's easy to forget the importance of skill over cost... a one sided "Wrath" can completely change the way you play the game!

i like it.. not quiet a reset but still neat.

Marius provides again. Thank you for another colorful article. Core story card official spoiler number nine - the FFG cthulhu machine lives. The effect is simple and sweeping. Favors skill factions like MU if you survive long enough to have, keep higher skill characters out. I picture a tough faction, like sthulhu, winning out by weathering opponent rush, and having the domains to play killers after Rotting Away has been won / sprung. I like the image, feels like Arkham Edition MU Event card artwork, in an Eldrich Tomb, crowbar versus Sarcophagus. The new story cards do mostly feel like action in motion. A slight touch of Nancy Drew and Scooby Do are evoked in this set of stories - like those ghosts circling the bed. This image delivers. Watch out for the Litch!! Um, but what is the litch lech reaching for. Ask the artist.

Seems pretty 'meh' to me. You're either winning with a low cost/skill weenie rush deck and won't want to set it off or you have a high skill Ghoul or similar deck and will set it off to cement your lead. All this story does for tempo is keep it the same. The original version "Each player sacrifices all characters that did not commit to a story this phase." made character commitment more important and a bigger strategic decision. The original would also be a defense & safe guard against all the Coach Grabowski decks that will be dominating tier one play.