Levelling-Items

By Wuytackc, in Runebound

Hello,

New to the game, read the rules - understand the rules - first game solo...

*Bon, everthing worked well, but i bought a weapon "lighting mace" :

Melee, your hero receives a +4 bonus to his melee combat rolls...

is that the roll with the dice AND the damage with +4 ?

*Levelling : I killed some creatures and had 5 xp tokens...read the rules for levelling and took the +2 bonus to mind value...is that both */* +2 ?

*To bad you can still keep only one armour card with you...not very logic i think : the way i see this, a character can dress his padded armour, and braces and a helmet maybe a shield too... for example...but the rules sais no...only one armour card...now i survive this with the green quests, maybe i wont with the red quests...?

thank you very much for your time,

greetzzz,

Christophe

More questions :

*can i stay in the town and take another market card for the town?

*can i stay in town and activate the braces of shadows until my wounds are fully recovered or can i activate the braces only in the combat phase?

thanx,

christophe

Wuytackc said:

*Bon, everthing worked well, but i bought a weapon "lighting mace" :

Melee, your hero receives a +4 bonus to his melee combat rolls...

is that the roll with the dice AND the damage with +4 ?

*Levelling : I killed some creatures and had 5 xp tokens...read the rules for levelling and took the +2 bonus to mind value...is that both */* +2 ?

No, that's only +4 to the 2d10 attack roll. If an item boosts damage it will read "+X {Heart Symbol}" instead.

The same is true of XP tokens that boost a given stat (Ranged, Melee or Magic). The bonus only applies to attack rolls (and skill checks) but not to damage.

Wuytackc said:

*To bad you can still keep only one armour card with you...not very logic i think : the way i see this, a character can dress his padded armour, and braces and a helmet maybe a shield too... for example...but the rules sais no...only one armour card...now i survive this with the green quests, maybe i wont with the red quests...?

You can only equip one armor card. However, you may or may not have room to carry stuff you aren't using in your pack. It's been a little while since last I played so I don't remember if that rule exists in Runebound or if I'm perhaps carrying it over from Descent...

Wuytackc said:

*can i stay in the town and take another market card for the town?

Yes, you can choose not to move and then take a second Market Action if you want to. You can even rest at the same time by "forfieting" the dice you would otherwise roll, that way they don't go to waste.

Wuytackc said:

*can i stay in town and activate the braces of shadows until my wounds are fully recovered or can i activate the braces only in the combat phase?

I'm not familiar with that item myself. Perhaps someone who knows it can answer your question, otherwise, could you perhaps post the text on the card to help me out?

Hey there,

The +4 only applies to the roll not the damage. (Damage is harder to pump up in this game)

Same with the experience bonuses, only to the rolls, not the damage.

Armor is actually okay with only one piece in the higher challenges, if you have the right one. ;o) I recommend the Shield of Light. LOL Don't get too scared.

The bracers only work during combat, they cancel the damage coming in, not heal it when it's already happened. Gotta pay for healing or get a different item (Staff of Light is nice) to remove hearts.

Hope this helps!

Kamy

since when did the lightning mace give a boost on skill checks the card says nothing about skill checks, and in the rulebook it said the term combat roll meant only attack and defense (or was it attack roll written on the card) and according to my logic taking a test such as melee hide lugging a lightning mace won't help you. Sorry just i had a problem similar to this with the lightning mace and assumed it didn't work on skill tests

shadow? said:

since when did the lightning mace give a boost on skill checks the card says nothing about skill checks, and in the rulebook it said the term combat roll meant only attack and defense (or was it attack roll written on the card) and according to my logic taking a test such as melee hide lugging a lightning mace won't help you. Sorry just i had a problem similar to this with the lightning mace and assumed it didn't work on skill tests

The lightning mace doesn't boost skill checks at all. I'm assuming you got that from my post. My reference to skill checks was only for the XP tokens, it wasn't meant to apply to the mace. I apologize if that was unclear.

Can i level my mind or other value as many times as i want ?

For example : i've leveled my mind +2...in the next level round i level again mind +2...and so on...so that at the end i have a mind value of +8 for example ?

thx.

Could anyone help me please or give me any info for the leveling problem...?

Q : Can i level as many times my skills like mind etc... or is it limited ?

thx,

christophe

Wuytackc said:

Can i level my mind or other value as many times as i want ?

For example : i've leveled my mind +2...in the next level round i level again mind +2...and so on...so that at the end i have a mind value of +8 for example ?

You can level a given skill as many times as you want, provided there are still XP tokens of the appropriate type left. Once all the Mind tokens have been purchased by players you can't level it anymore, but there is no upper limit on how many times a single player can level a given attribute.

(please note that some people, particularly those who regularly play with large groups, might choose to house rule that you can keep buying XP tokens beyond the token limit, and just track it on paper or something. That's fine if you want to play that way, but it is a house rule and not the official rules.)

Also, while we're on the subject of XP tokens, there is an often overlooked rule that says every Health upgrade you buy restricts the challenge level you're allowed to encounter. ie: if you buy one Health upgrade, you can no longer draw green challenge cards, if you buy two you can no longer draw yellow, and if you buy 3 (or more) you can no longer draw blues.