Advice on converting a Chaos Reaver Battle Titan to DW stats: Weapons and Void Shields

By Gaudy Scabbard, in Deathwatch House Rules

Having recently gotten hold of the Imperial Armour Apocalypse I and II books, i've decided to convert the Chaos Battle Titan for an upcoming mission. They can handle it, i'm sure demonio.gif

I'm a stickler for detail though and I haven't got the foggiest idea what kind of weapon a Gatling Blaster is? Las weapon? Projectile weapon doing Impact damage?

Same goes for a Volcano cannon. The type of weapon isn't mentioned anywhere that I can see. Any ideas?

As for Void shields, the Rogue Trader rules are fine for ship-to-ship engagements but need a 'bit' of scaling down to character level. I've decided that each point of Void Shields can absorb 200 points of damage before the shield falls. Having watched my group in action, they're quite capable of dishing that out in 2-3 rounds. Does that sound reasonable? Should they absorb more or less?

I would't use the Vehicle Rules from RT: ItS but I would use the Tau Battlesuit, only tenfold that

Something in the line of: (Don't Hate Me):

WS 45
BS 45
S 90 (38)
T 90 (38, Possessed 45)
Ag 20 (2)
Int 35 (3)
Per 40 (4) (Excluding Scanners)
WP 43 (4)
Fel -

Movement: 5/10/15/30
Wounds: 600 (or more)
Armour: 45 All

Gattling Laser (Range 500, -/-/6, 8d10+10 E, Pen 10)
Volcano Cannon (Range 2500, S/-/-, 20d10+50 E, Pen 20, Recharge, Felling (2), Devastating (3))

Void Shield I would say has 1000 wounds and a recharge of 20 combat rounds, but it has no AP or T

This is an insane estimate.....not a judgement call

Seeing with a bit of luck a Squad of 5 marines carrying Bolter and one Heavy Bolter can dish out 500 wounds if hitting well I would up the Shield to 2500 wounds.

One Squad should not be able to take out a Titan in a fair shootout....sneaky sabotage on the other hand...

few squads would survive a single hit from a titan weapon , toughness and armour should just be negated

but as Obi Wan said when approaching the death star " There are alternatives to fighting"

attacking head on should be suicide

I would say no small arms should have any effect on a void shield. Titan and large vehicle ordinance weapons should be the only thing that should wear on them.

As for the weapons, I think the pen for the most basic of Titan classed weapons should start at 20. No vehicles should be able to withstand more than a single glancing blow from a Titan classed weapon.

There will need to be a couple of weapon groups added to deal with titans, IMO: Weapon Scales/Classes: pistol, basic, heavy, mounted, Ordinance , Titan , starship - or some variation. Ordinance - requiring a tracked vehicle, Titan - requiring an obscenely large tracked vehicle or titan.

Movement should also be multiplied by 10 or more based on the size of the Titan.

Over all I think Titans should probably be reverse engineered from the starship rules. Possibly some combination of Starship and Vehicle rules. A Warhound titan MIGHT be able to be handled as an over sized crisis suit, but anything larger will need to be handled very differently.

Just think of how nasty Tau tanks would be in a horde setup!

Weapon damage on a Titan would probably be something like this:

Vulcan Mega Bolter:

Range:225m RoF: /-/-/25/ Rld: 12full Clip: 700 Type: X Damage 5D10+5 Pen: 10 Special: Tearing, Storm Twin-linked, gyro stabilized

I think that is the lightest weapon the Titan will carry.

Volcano Cannon:

Range: 2500m RoF /s/-/-/ Rld: N/A Clip: N/A Type E or X Damage: 4D10*10 in the beam (Direct hit) 2D10*10 in the radius, all die may be re-rolled 1D10 against spacecraft Pen: 50 Special: Ignores Cover, Felling (5), Devastating (15), Blast (25)

Titans are really nasty, I really feel for your players.

And I really don't want to post all 12 reaver weapons.

Void shields would probably be something like AP: 22 "wounds": 25 I think A reaver would have about 4-5 voids shields and each regenerates in 6 rounds.

For the machine itself I would probably make each section with it's own would count, but I'm not sure what that would be.

dont forget voids would only work vs ranged weapons , one possible threat to a titan are terminator inf with thunderhammers once they get close enough (theres an apoc data sheet for this)

ItsUncertainWho said:

I would say no small arms should have any effect on a void shield. Titan and large vehicle ordinance weapons should be the only thing that should wear on them.

As for the weapons, I think the pen for the most basic of Titan classed weapons should start at 20. No vehicles should be able to withstand more than a single glancing blow from a Titan classed weapon.

Mega Damage Capacity (MDC)? gran_risa.gif

Alex

Players is hit, players loses Fate Point...

Santiago said:

Players is hit, players loses Fate Point...

...and one random limb.