Newbie finally got the Core set and it was great ! ( a few questions)

By Decaramas, in CoC General Discussion

Hi all,

First can i say that i have been on the side of sooo many games that changed format and have had my fingers and wallet burned by such changes, this might even be the first time i have come to a new game after such as change. So i under stand alot of the views expressed on the board here.

However as a new player, i recently bought the core set and finally had a game last night. It was great fun, exactly what my friend and i were looking for. We felt the game had a lot of theme and the game mechanics were explained and understood in no time at all.

I love the art !

The game did seem a bit fast, but that was us not really playing cautiously enough, which will come in time.

We did have one questions, regarding success, it seems a bit wierd you could get 3 in one turn on one story ( wining investigate phase, uncontested story).

But apart from that it all seem to make sense.

Can i ask which Asylum packs from the ones released already are a must ?

Rgs

Dec

Hi and welcome to Call of Cthulhu!

The first and second packs are the most powerful, but if you want to get to know the new stuff i'd recommend you buy the Ancient Horrors, it's the newest pack.

Thanks, Ill look into picking that up.

Dec

Hi and welcome!

Yes, you'll be able to get 3 tokens in one turn. Sometimes even more! Playing aggresively is good, though, so don't worry about your play style. Just keep in mind that when both players are racing, the one who is left behind should do well in trying to defend to get the upper hand later. All AP's will help making your decks a little more consistant, by allowing you to use less then 3 factions, quickly.

Enjoy! ;)

I'm curious, where do you live and where did you get hold of the game? Has it been released in the U.S.?

It'll be curious to see if decaramus is also from Europe. It'd be the second such core sighting. Could this be an absolute first - a European cthulhu release before state side? If so, I think they deserve it, where there has alway been a handful or more of very / rather / still active metas or groups. They meet in castles and travel from shropshire to south farthington for a game in a cobble stone square. They keep their papers on them to cross national borders with machine gun checkpoints amid a sea of not-English cards, alleged confusing translations, and Nexus bad press, sometimes by citroen for nigh on kilometers for a glimpse of an English language promo.

Hi

I am in the UK , London. I picked this game up just before Christmas.

Rgs

Dec

Decaramas said:

I am in the UK , London. I picked this game up just before Christmas.

Well, if you're in London, check out the The Stars Are Right event. ;)