Rulebook issue/ errors. Questions.

By Ken on Cape, in Dust Tactics

I just noticed this tonight playing my second game. I had downloaded and printed out tor PDF rulebook so I did not notice this before.

My pages 3-4 and 21-22 are in french. I think I will contact customer service. Anyone elses rulebook like this?

Page 6 in the important definations box. it says a squad always refers to a group of soldiers no matter if they are 1, 1, 1 or 1. ?????? I take it thats an error?

Also the second mission in the mission book, Patrol it says the attackers enter but the defenders deploy in the defending area. Does this mean the defender sets up all his forces before the first turn? Is there a difference between entering and deploying in a mission? Thats not made clear in the rules.

One last question. The Ludwig axis tank. The card says 8,8 CM FpK zwei. The model has 2 main guns that are the same. Does this me the Ludwig has 2 of those? So when he fires both guns at the same target he doubles the dice he roll? I just want to make sure I am reading the rules right.

Don't feel bad I just received my battle box and my battle book the pages are out of order and some are upside down :(

Well I sent a message to FFG customer service through the link here on the FFG site over a day ago about the rulebook. I have not heard anything yet.

I did the same and a couple hours later they sent me a email asking for my address so they can ship me a new one.

Got an email today they will be sending out a replacement rulebook and part.

So can anyone answer my other questions about rules I posted here?

Ken on Cape said:

I just noticed this tonight playing my second game. I had downloaded and printed out tor PDF rulebook so I did not notice this before.

My pages 3-4 and 21-22 are in french. I think I will contact customer service. Anyone elses rulebook like this?

Page 6 in the important definations box. it says a squad always refers to a group of soldiers no matter if they are 1, 1, 1 or 1. ?????? I take it thats an error?

Also the second mission in the mission book, Patrol it says the attackers enter but the defenders deploy in the defending area. Does this mean the defender sets up all his forces before the first turn? Is there a difference between entering and deploying in a mission? Thats not made clear in the rules.

One last question. The Ludwig axis tank. The card says 8,8 CM FpK zwei. The model has 2 main guns that are the same. Does this me the Ludwig has 2 of those? So when he fires both guns at the same target he doubles the dice he roll? I just want to make sure I am reading the rules right.

Well I can tell you what I think.

Page 6 is an error. It should be 1, 2, 3, or 4. This represents the level of armor they wear. You can see this on the cards. 1 is minimum armor and 4 is maximum armor. The only armor in the base set is 2 for Infantry.

The way I play is that you deploy on the battlefield before the game, you enter the battlefield during the game. So the defenders set up on any of the "D"'s prior to the first turn and the attackers arrive on the "A"'s one at a time.

The Ludwig only has one line for that gun so it is only rolled once. In the description of the Ludwig it mentions that on page 19 of the battle book "the decision was made to focus the fire of both guns on the same point...' therefore, it only attacks once.

Hope that answers your questions. I also hope I gave you the correct answers.

I'm pretty sure Ludwig just fires the main gun one time...otherwise it is all but guaranteed to kill anything it can draw LOS on in one round. If it fires twice.. that's 14 dice on another tank! That's roughly 4.6 hits!

The book states the models are WYSIWYG. If that's true then “Ludwig” has two separate “88's” that hit the same target and would be way under-priced at 4 points. Our gaming group figures the extra damage dice the twin “88” gets over the 17 pounder is the only bonus.