pics?

By theguildllc, in Dust Tactics

ive painted up some of my dust minisand taken pictures (saved as jpegs) but cannot seem to post them to the forum. any advice?

I suggest you get an account at photobucket or another free online service. Then upload your jpgs to that site, and then use the image code to paste that into your post. If that fails, then post the image link to your on-line gallery. How did you paint them? I'm thinking I want to do late war pea-dot cammo on the Germans, maybe some late-way US tiger-stripes on the US troops. The Mechs (dunno why they call 'em robots!) will be fun to detail.

I'll give photobucket a try.

I did the germans mostly pea dot, with a bit of Oakleaf B.

photobucket listed under, "theguildllc" look for the "dust tactics" album

Very cool! Did you airbrush the 'Mechs (still can't bear to call them "Robots") or hand paint the cammo on??

If you ever visit boardgamegeek check out what I did with my Standard version of "Dust Tactics". I went with a wash and I think it turned out very well. My post is titled "How a wash won the war".

I am enjoying this game very much and look forward to the next expansions. Another thing that adds an extra touch to these figures/units is that of the decals. I was able to get them with the Standard version I purchased from a gent who went to Gen Con (so he added the decals and extra figures he picked up from that event). Are the decals a must? Not at all. They are nice and cool to have but truth be told they are not a deal breaker by any means. As a matter of fact it would be nice if they gave you instructions on what figures/units to use what decals on. I have found two pictures from the instructions to help me with what decals go where but that is it (skulls for the Laser Gernadiers and Molf for the Ludwig).

Nicily done. did you have to disassemble it completely and if you did how hard was it. Haven't picked a camo pattern for mine yet but i'm looking forward to it.

hand brushed. i have an airbrush but no compressor yet. would love to do an authentic soft edge ambush scheme...

the jagdluther was a plastic/resin model on sprues so i did subassemblies and painted as i whent. The Ludwig i just kept the arms off till finished. hope Paolo Parente puts out some more kits at www.dust-tactics.com soon.

Very nice painting! I like that you did something else than the standard grey/white that we've seen so far. I think I might do something similar when/if I finally get Dust Tactics myself.

added some Aufklarungs

Again, very nice! You should upload these to boardgamegeek.com, they need some inspiration over there. Hehe! :)

Check out Chris Wolfe's Allies on boardgamegeek.com. listed under dust tactics, images, creative. They're fantastic!

The Jagdluther is beautifully done. The camo and decal work is excellant. I can't wait to get one of these for my collection. I like the added touch of a Space Marine helmet and the infared light. What is that small bit of orange on the roof? Couldn't ID it

The orange is an added tarp from tamiya's 1/48 range. im useing it as an aerial recognition panel. as for the spacemarine head; "and they SHALL know fear"!

Nice to see the troops with a summer cammo pattern - ive stuck with the winter theme - will post pics soon!

Excellent work on all of these! I like your walker with Sigrid in the hatch, and the pea-dot camo you did on your soldiers is superb. :)

I hope my soldiers turn out half as nice as yours. My set will be here tomorrow!

sigrid von thaler in bot finaly done! (photobucketed)