Bought the Basic set

By DrRonDerryJr, in Dust Tactics

I like it. Love the simplicity and love the mini's and figs. The only complaint I have is when mounting the MG-44's on the german walkers I broke both of them. Anyone else have this issue and have a decent fix/work around for it? Wasn't able to glue it quite right.

The only other issue I had was the panzershrecht and bazooka weren't clearly defined. They do 1/3 damage die. If a player only has 1 or 2 guys left in that squad do they get to do 1 dmg die? Or do you need 3 figures in the squad to fire.

Everything else was terrific. Opened it up at a Rock-Con in Rockford, IL over the weekend and never ran out of people that wanted to give it a shot. The dealer only brought 7 copies of the basic set though and ran out the first day of the con.

DrRonDerryJr said:

The only other issue I had was the panzershrecht and bazooka weren't clearly defined. They do 1/3 damage die. If a player only has 1 or 2 guys left in that squad do they get to do 1 dmg die? Or do you need 3 figures in the squad to fire.

The 1/3 for the missile weapons means you roll 1 dice for each of those weapons in the unit, and if it hits it does 3 points of damage to the vehicle. If a squad has taken damage, you can only fire with the weapons you still have, so if you kept the guy with that weapon, he can still fire, but you will have one less of the standard machine guns.

frozenbunnysteak said:

DrRonDerryJr said:

The 1/3 for the missile weapons means you roll 1 dice for each of those weapons in the unit, and if it hits it does 3 points of damage to the vehicle. If a squad has taken damage, you can only fire with the weapons you still have, so if you kept the guy with that weapon, he can still fire, but you will have one less of the standard machine guns.

Got ya. Guess I didn't read that close enough when we started playing. The group was under the impression that the 3/1 meant three attack dice per 1 person with the weapon. That's where my confusion came in. 3 attacks at 1 dmg point a piece makes a lot more sense.

I purchased the basic set as well. Played several games with my 14 year old son. He REALLY liked it. I like it too. I think this game is what AT-43 should have been.

TW