supporting players

By Deity_Diablo, in Deathwatch Gamemasters

Ok basically I wanted abit of advice, as a new GM to Deathwatch I was wondering seeing as none of the players have selected a character who can act as someone to act as someone to heal etc... whither for a long standing campaign it would be a good idea to add a NPC Deathwatch member to act as a supportive role. Theres only 3 of the players participating, so I thought it maybe the case that in order to even out the playing field to add a NPC apothicary, what is your thoughts on this?

I'd recommend moving Medicae to Rank 2 of the General advancement chart.

I added an Apothecary to my group, both because there are only four players (And I feel four is almost too small for a Kill-Team), and because it's really good for the group to have one. Also, it's always nice to have someone in the group you can kill to make a point. :P

I allowed one marine in my group to take Medicae as a free Basic skill, but he cannot use a Narthecium without the trained skill. This fills the void left if there is no Apoth at enough of a penalty that people would notice. Possibly giving an incentive to being an Apothecary wouldn't be a bad idea.