Descent: Road to Legend: Is the German version oop for ever?

By Twixy2279, in Descent: Journeys in the Dark

Hallo folks :)

First of all,please forgive me my bad english.it is not my first language,but i will give my very best ;)

My question is very simple: Will there ever be a reprint of the german Version of RtL (Wege zum Ruhm) ?

It is simply impossible to get it over here ( not even used on ebay or at any local/online store).As a matter of fact,if someone sells his copy for about 100 €,it is instandly sold (new price was about 40€ ) ,because nobody sane who owns one,will sell it any more :(

The local distributer (Heidelberger Spieleverlag) says,that they only could reprint,if there ist a reprint of the english Version as well,but i still see plenty of english copys out there.......so i fear i am doomed sad.gif

I can't speak to the German version, but I believe there was a reprint of the English version coming up soon (if it hasn't happened already.) I wouldn't expect the English version to go out of print any time soon, so if that's the yardstick for German versions, there should be more on the way. =) As for how long you'd have to wait..... maybe ask (English) customer service?

I have only French-speaking fellow players and, for future play, French- and German-speaking nephews, but I still bought the English version. It serves well for educational purposes (language-teaching), and is not that hard to understand. I already played with 13 to 16 years old who don't speak English, and it was no problem at all. They would forget to use a couple of skills at first, but after being reminded of them a couple of times, they'd use they heroes' capabilities to the fullest.

If the German version isn't available, get the English one. It's better than being doomed. gui%C3%B1o.gif

Thanks for your fast answers :)

@ Steve-o : That would be great! :D

I really hope,that the reprint will happen,because that would increase my chances dramatically.I guess i have to ask the customer service,and hope for the best ^^

@: Ispher: what you say is very true,but the problem is that some of my players are al "little" bit older,and never had english in school.I would have to translate everything to them (inclusive the Fluff textes ;) ),which would be a hard task. Beside that ,i own the Basicgame and the expensions in german,so i had allways different names for skills,lieutanents,Dungeons and all that stuff........which would be verry annoying ;)

i would NEVER EVER buy a non-native version of this game. the rules are already overly conflicting and complicated. you really don't want translation errors or one more interpretion of a rule to express it in the target language.

Well.....i prefer to bu the german version,wich i can resd and understand more easy.With the F.A.Q. and the support Forum,there is no big rule problem ;)

but beside this,the worst thing (to me ) would be to mix different languageversions.........I would allways have to look,which skill is mentioned,or wich characters is meant...etc. ;)

The thing about Road to Legend though is that all of its components are completely separate from the base game and the other vanilla expansions, so you can use RTL without fear of mixing cards. But I do understand your concern with playing the game in two languages.