Scenario ten defeat :'r

By Avi_dreader, in Arkham Horror League

Two double doom token cards in the first ten cards ;'( seriously, seriously... Laaaaame! Okay... I'm going to redraw characters...

Dexter, Rex, and Daisy... If they can't win this, it's over for me... They are the last hope...

Crap.

-

I would've done a one word post, but the forum doesn't allow it. So... My next team is Rita, Marie, and Leo. I think they're screwed... But who knows... Maybe I'll get lucky with dice and cards...

You never know what a crappy team can do. I got my first seal-win vs Glaaki with the "dream" team of Amanda Sharpe, Gloria Goldberg, Jacqueline Fine (the only good one; only even decent one IMO) and Vincent Lee. When I drew those investigators and then Glaaki, I was like "man, why can't I get a good team against Glaaki?"

Dam said:

You never know what a crappy team can do. I got my first seal-win vs Glaaki with the "dream" team of Amanda Sharpe, Gloria Goldberg, Jacqueline Fine (the only good one; only even decent one IMO) and Vincent Lee. When I drew those investigators and then Glaaki, I was like "man, why can't I get a good team against Glaaki?"

::Laughter:: that's in a normal game, not in a scenario designed to break your spirit and drive you into gibbering insanity ;'D Have you read the details for senario ten? It's basically like playing a ten doom token Azathoth... At *best* Sometimes it's nine or eight if you get unlucky with Groth rolls.... And then of course... There's Kingsport and Dunwich... Ugh... Perhaps I was too unlucky last game (three gates in Dunwich)... Still... It's a *really* nasty scenario... I think I'm just going to try avoiding all combat and hope for major luck with die rolls....

Yeah... Michael McGlen, Luke Robinson, Sister Mary, and Darrell Simmons tried the scenario three times yesterday, and the world ended all three times. The middle game was our closest, where there were just two open gates at the end (one of which had an investigator exploring it). Our team was really neutered without Luke's Gate Box, since he'd often have to spend time LiTaS since Dreamlands gates never opened up early.

It was completely disheartening. PACT was kicking some major tail up until that point.