New GM hardcover preview...

By Ghiacciolo, in Warhammer Fantasy Roleplay

[sarcastic mode ON]

So...no announcement topics on the new harcover's previews, ah? Maybe FFG is too ashemed to get some new bashing...

look at the new critical table: the "set" column seems totally broken to me. TGS criticals are not the ones listed here, and where are those from adventurer's toolkit?... this book is made for "easy reference"? L.O.L. on the hardcovers...

[sarcastic mode OFF]

[sarcastic mode on]

Best post ever!

[sarcastic mode off]

[sarcastic mode off]

Worst post ever!

[sarcastic mode on]

Being quite happy with my WFRP purchases and the accessories they provide, the hardcover books don't present an immediate draw for me. I think I'll withhold my judgement as to their accessibility and usefulness until they they come out and I have a chance to read some reviews.

It seems to me that for someone who already owns all the WFRP products the reason to purchase the hardcovers will simply be as a reference tool (and rules for sans-accessory play, if that floats your boat). As to the GM hardcover in particular, I'm wondering if any of the GM's toolkit rules will be in there.

Grimandperilous said:

Being quite happy with my WFRP purchases and the accessories they provide, the hardcover books don't present an immediate draw for me. I think I'll withhold my judgement as to their accessibility and usefulness until they they come out and I have a chance to read some reviews.

It seems to me that for someone who already owns all the WFRP products the reason to purchase the hardcovers will simply be as a reference tool (and rules for sans-accessory play, if that floats your boat). As to the GM hardcover in particular, I'm wondering if any of the GM's toolkit rules will be in there.

The index shows the GM hardcover book will contains :

• Corebox : The Tome of Adventure with an Eye for an Eye but without the bestiary
  • Corebox : The Tome of Mysteries (check background and rules of magic)
  • Corebox : The Tome of Blessing (check background and rules of priests)
  • GM Toolkit (check The Nemesis NPC rules in example)
  • Winds of Change : the magic supplement (check background and rules of all 8 eight college)
  • Winds of Change : corruption and mutations rules the Tzeentch Book without the adventure "winds are changing" and the Tzeentch bestiary
  • Sign of Faith : the Priest supplement (check background and rules of all divinities)
  • Sign of Faith : Diseases rules from the Nurgle Book without its adventure and a probably Nurgle bestiary.

Thanks willmanx, have downloaded the index now. Looks like a good resource.