Finishing OL deck

By Fingolfin80, in Descent: Journeys in the Dark

During my last game victory was decided by the ending of OL deck and I'm not sure we resolved it in the correct way.

This is what happened: with a trap I killed one of the heroes, that left the "good guys" with only one victory point. At the beginning of my turn I've drawn the last two cards oof my deck, so here's the problem: the loss of victory points due to OL deck endng applies immediatly (and I win the game) or next turn, when I need to reshuffle in order to draw?

The differece is that in the room there was a treasure chest, so the heroes could open it an gain victoy points before my next turn, and that would keep them in game.

the basic rule say the OL gain 3 victory point to ending he's deck. So like the heroes party gain immediatly victory points when they open gliph or a treasure chest, you as well gain it immediatly when this thing happen.

yes you've win immediatly when you've ended your deck (and as OL i'm really happy for you XD )

" When the overlord player draws the last card in the overlord deck, the heroes immediately lose three conquest tokens (see “Conquest Tokens,” page 13)."

You played it correctly.

in RTL would the overlord gain 3 xp?

Thank you both! :)

It was first time that the ending of the OL deck had this importance in the game, so I wanted to be sure. I can't check the manual right now, but I'm quite sure that the translated version I own is not clear like the original english version you have quoted, at least not about this specific point. I'll see whwn I back home tonight.

tundrra said:

in RTL would the overlord gain 3 xp?

of course. But to be more exaclty he gain 3 victory ponts AND 3 experience points. are both rilevant in RTL one for the OL and the other for the champain level and other stuff

@ Fingolfin

What kind of version ? i'm curious, because i've the italian version and it bad translated too XD

@Jack and THE hammer:

I have the italian version too. But now I'm home and I've checked, it was my fault: the translation is quite clear about this point.

Fingolfin, are you on the "la tana dei Goblin" too?

Jack and THE Hammer said:

Fingolfin, are you on the "la tana dei Goblin" too?

Yes, but the nick I use there is Beowulf. I'm not active on the forum, however, I've only rated some game and posted some comment about them.

same for me ^^ but i'm pretty sure i've just talking with you, your nick it's so familiar

Jack and THE Hammer said:

same for me ^^ but i'm pretty sure i've just talking with you, your nick it's so familiar

Well, we're going OT, I'm afraid, but I can't find a private message function on the forum, so...

I'm preatty sure it's first time I see your nick, but I guess I've used mine elsewhere. I.E. few years ago I used it on the Eldalie forum.

probably the mp works only for the "friend list" so first we have to add the other.

I'm using the Nick Marduk on the "la tana de goblin" so maybe it's remind you something..

well we are OT indeed now so see you around :-)