On track for December Release to US/Canada

By CanadianMohawk, in Moto Grand Prix

I have this game pre-ordered and I am itching for it to start shipping. Is FFG still on track for a December release?

I have another question to tack onto this one - what's the retail price on this? I didn't see anything here...

Thanks!

well, when I pre-ordered it from my online store, I was charged $49.95 CAD..but today, the store says it's $71.95 CAD. So, i really don't know. :) i would like to get it soon though so I hope it's back from the printers and shipping soon.

GamerAtom said:

I have this game pre-ordered and I am itching for it to start shipping. Is FFG still on track for a December release?

+1

I'm such a spazimodo that I cannot find the info on release dates at the new FFG website! sorpresa.gif

Go Rossi!!!!!!

GamerAtom said:

well, when I pre-ordered it from my online store, I was charged $49.95 CAD..but today, the store says it's $71.95 CAD. So, i really don't know. :) i would like to get it soon though so I hope it's back from the printers and shipping soon.

Yeah, I think i paid sumfink like $50 USD for my preorder and the list price is now $69.95 USD. I am glad that I preordered the game! happy.gif

Does anyone know if FFG will be selling individual game components? If not, then I am positive that if I really like the MotoGrandPrix I will buy a second game for additional bikes and road pieces.

Yes I'm waiting for the game to release so I can get a second copy for the tracks and the bikes and the dashboards as well. I haven't heard anything about FF selling tracks or bikes seperately.

They have the price on the main section for this game now. $69.95 it says. There is also a "Buy it now" icon.. it's got to be coming soon!

That would be nice - I've been waiting for this to come out for a whiie.

Any information on when this will be shipped to Europe ..?

I've been waiting for this one for an eternity - at least it feels like it. I really, really crave for it babeo.gif

GamerAtom said:

you got a good deal then happy.gif

How do you play this game?

TheChampIsHere said:

you don't until it's been printed and shipped. sad.gif Seriously though, there's not much information out there on it so I can 't really tell you. I wish they'd at least put up the rules or something so we can read them over.

btw, someone over at BGG says the read in the news that it's been pushed back to January 09. I hope not. sad.gif

TheChampIsHere said:

The best way I've found to play the game is with 3 players (if using one game set) and each player plays one team of bikes (2 bikes per team). Each bike has 3 static attributes that are used like resources, front brakes, engine, and rear tires. The stats are predetermined before the game and are fixed at the start of the race (meaning we never replenished them throughout the race). Using brakes can lower your rolled movement value, using the engine can push you farther than your rolled value and I forget what loses rear tire- I think its automatically lost when using engine points in a turn or braking in a turn.

To move, players take turns rolling 2d6 to move their bike around the modular board. Depending on the position of your bike in a turn or straight away, you can flip one or both of the d6 values to change your rolled result (ie. if you rolled a 6 and 2, in some instances you could flip the 2 over to a 5 and have a combined move of 11, or flip the 6 to a 1 and have a 3, etc.) Players continue moving bikes sequentially until a winner crosses the finish line after a predetermined number of lapse. This is an over simplified description of play but there is quite a bit of depth in the rules for turns, drafting, determining poll position, crashing, etc. The game has a fast feel to it and can get pretty tactical without losing the momentum. And! those bike minis look certified badass when they're all lined up and leaning into a hard "3" turn!

thanks for the description! gran_risa.gif

GamerAtom said:

thanks for the description! gran_risa.gif

No problem and actually this thread on BGG describes it even better and in much more detail:

http://www.boardgamegeek.com/thread/339313

Not to start any kind of flame war or nothing but this game sounds like Formula D on motorcycles. Is that true? if so then i might be able to sell a few more copies in my store than just the one or two i might be able to sell just cause it looks cool.

amrowe1999 said:

Not to start any kind of flame war or nothing but this game sounds like Formula D on motorcycles. Is that true? if so then i might be able to sell a few more copies in my store than just the one or two i might be able to sell just cause it looks cool.

not from what i can tell. This game uses a flipdice game mechanic where as Formula D does not. This game also has modular track pieces. So, even though they are both race games, they are not the same game and play very differently. With that said, i haven't played either yet! Formula D is stuck on the order that is being held up by the pre-order of this game. I'll be getting both at the same time. This is just what i think based on what i've read about both games.

spacemonkeymafia said:

The best way I've found to play the game is with 3 players (if using one game set) and each player plays one team of bikes (2 bikes per team).

How about using an extra game set (or at least some more bikes) for 6 players with 2 bike teams? How about 3 sets of bikes for 6 players with 3 bike teams gran_risa.gif Makes me tingly sonrojado.gif

(apologies for the public pm) How about we play today? I'm braving the weather to head down south, I think. If you haven't received a call from me within 15 minutes of this post, it is just further evidence of what I putz I am when it comes to keeping in touch with mobile phones, and you should call me.

so, seeing as how today is the 22nd of December, I am going to go ahead and answer my orginal question. It appears the answer is "NO", the game is not on track for it's December release to US/Canada. :( In fact, we've received no updates from any source other than "gone cardboard" on boargamereviews.com which states a January 09 release.

I must say I'm sad... i'd really like to play this game! Can anyone from FFG please comment? I see there has been FFG response on the other threads in this game's forum but none on this one. Why are you avoiding letting us know what's up FFG???