Arkham League Suggestions

By Guest, in Arkham Horror League

One complaint my group had with the summer league is that we all got rather bored of our characters. I would like to see a way to mix up which investigator you get to play each scenario. One suggestion is for the scenario to specify which investigators are to be used. In my idea, each scenario would name 8 investigators to be used each with a numeric number. If you have 4 people playing, then you would use investigators 1 thru 4. This would have the added advantage of putting all teams on a level playing field.

ooh thats interesting!

I support baysbenj's idea, but I would also like to add that perhapes the next league should only be about 5 scenerios long. I enjoyed playing with 7 people, but found that we could all only get together about once a month. Instead of a summer league it obviously become about as long as a year. Oh, I also like the idea of making the scenerios like short stories and enhancing the RPG-like element of Arkham.

Otherwise we had a great time and I was able to further hook my friends into it! The fallout is that a few of them bought me BSG as a Christmas gift.

hey i love bsg. funny thing is that the same guy is always the cylon!

Ha! I've had the same thing happen. Perhapes he is just the "evil" one of the group? I will have to watch my guy's frequency of getting "Join the Winning Team" just for conformation.

He would say I am the evil one of the group ;)

How good is the nw BG series btw!

tamsyn said:

I know! The two-parter that just wrapped up was awesome! (I guess I should make sure that we're both on the same episodes here, since their is an ocean of difference between us, but then again Sci Fi is not BBC). I'm actually involved in an in-depth discussion in the Game of Thrones LCG off topic section, mostly on the morality issues of the series at present. LOVE BSG! My favorite show on TV right now.

As for the boardgame, in dozens of games my wife and I have only ever been on the same side once, otherwise one is human and one is cylon. And the game where we were both human she got mad at me when I didn't completely trust her and gave a Quorum ability to the other player I knew was human, having looked at his cards.

I've just seen the two parter, watching it on Sky. Will try and find that thread.

I refuse to be on the same team as my hub when playing games, it always causes trouble for one reason or another.

Maybe that is why AH is good because its all against the GOO!

JerusalemJones said:

tamsyn said:

I know! The two-parter that just wrapped up was awesome! (I guess I should make sure that we're both on the same episodes here, since their is an ocean of difference between us, but then again Sci Fi is not BBC). I'm actually involved in an in-depth discussion in the Game of Thrones LCG off topic section, mostly on the morality issues of the series at present. LOVE BSG! My favorite show on TV right now.

As for the boardgame, in dozens of games my wife and I have only ever been on the same side once, otherwise one is human and one is cylon. And the game where we were both human she got mad at me when I didn't completely trust her and gave a Quorum ability to the other player I knew was human, having looked at his cards.

She probably wouldn't have gotten so mad if you hadn't had second thoughts about giving her the card or just gave it to me in the first place. After all you had looked at my cards already and knew I wasn't either of the cylons.

True, but like I said at the time, you were 100% safe, she was 98% safe, and I had the take the best odds.

The game last night was worse. The SECOND game, I should add. Nick G. was Boomer, and after being sent to the Brig he couldn't convince the other players he was human (which he was), so he decided to throw against all the skill checks to hose the other human players for not letting him out. As Rhonda said, it's hard to win when you're playing against four cylons. (For the record, I sat out that game and Shawn played instead)

Frak, now I want to play BSG!

check you two players oin the same game posting on the same thread....

Nagypapi said:

I would like to see scenarios (either standalone or part of a league) which uses special rules and components from all expansions to thematically beef up the Ancient One and/or the actual story, even if the given expansion is not fully used.

Example 1: A scenario with Yig which is not using Kingsport Horror fully but uses the Serpent People from it (and everything else from all other expansions which are snake/Yig related).

Example 2: Egyiptian themed scenario using AH and CotDP with the DP herald and Bast as Guardian, Nyarlathothep as AO, using Mask monsters from all expansions plus a thematically tweaked item list (again, using all expansions as source for them).

Example 3: scenario where all open gates lead to the Other World which is thematically related to the AO, regardless of what the gate marker shows except Dreamlands, Another Dimension and Another Time (which are still standing as it is). E.g. with Ithaqua all gates open to the Plateu of Leng (except the 3 Other World above) but still using the gate close modifier as written on the gate marker.

More using of the Madness/Injury system from DH (could be a good way to balance out particulary tough scenarios).

I like your ideas, however, in the case of example 3 would you be able to then return from the Plateu of Leng to ANY of the open portals that weren't another time another dimension or dreamlands? (sort of like the MAGIC box that the dreamer starts with in Kingsport?) OR, would you have to keep track of which location you entered and exit through the same portal? I believe that would make more sense, but it would also be more difficult to remember.