Plastic or Pewter?

By Ken on Cape, in Arkham Horror Investigators

No place in the description of the AH minis does it is if they are metal or plastic. Anyone know? IMO 4 buck for a platic mini is pretty high.

Ken on Cape said:

No place in the description of the AH minis does it is if they are metal or plastic. Anyone know? IMO 4 buck for a platic mini is pretty high.

jhaelen said:

Ken on Cape said:

Definitely plastic. And the price is _not_ pretty high. What are you comparing the price against?!

Well the WOTc DnD minis are about 10 bucks a booster, you get 8 minis for that. You are almost paying half a booster for one AH mini.

Ken on Cape said:

Well the WOTc DnD minis are about 10 bucks a booster, you get 8 minis for that. You are almost paying half a booster for one AH mini.

Are WotC minis pre-painted? Just a curiosity of mine, I'm not an expert of minis at all, but 4 bucks for a pre-painted mini seemed to me not too a high price

Yes the WOTC DnD plastic minis are painted.

Let's make it simple: Think it's too pricey? Then don't buy it. Period.

Ken on Cape said:

I'm assuming here, the paint-job quality for the AH minis is comparable to a rare.

A better comparison would be the DDM PHB Heroes sets, which include three pc minis per set and cost 11$, i.e. 3.67$ per mini. And that's almost identical to the price for the AH minis.

jhaelen said:

Ken on Cape said:

Well, the current set only includes 6 minis per booster. Two of these are commons which cost almost nothing (let's say 0.25$). Then you have three other minis which are either uncommon (these typically sell for 1$ each), rare or very rare. One case of 8 booster (i.e. 48 minis) on average contains three very rares, 11 rares, 18 uncommons, and 16 commons and costs about 200$. This means you're paying about 178$ for the 14 (very) rares, or about 12$ for each! The comparison is admittedly somewhat skewed, since some of the DDM minis are Large or Huge, but you get the idea.

I'm assuming here, the paint-job quality for the AH minis is comparable to a rare.

A better comparison would be the DDM PHB Heroes sets, which include three pc minis per set and cost 11$, i.e. 3.67$ per mini. And that's almost identical to the price for the AH minis.

I have not gotten any DnD minis recently. Did not know they changed. Thanks.

wait for more infomation. gclub