Solo help, please!

By player756147, in Death Angel

First off let me say hello to everyone, as this is my first post.

Ok, I picked up Death Angel yesterday, mainly because it can be played solo (not tomany of my friends like card games unless it poker). Anyway my question is I'm not sure of the over all rules for the single player. I understand the basic setup, and some of the play but most of it seems out there a bit. I was wondering if someone has a good written-down rule set for solo-play and if so would he/she be willing to share.

Any help will do.

Thanks
crimsonghost13

Solo doesn't really play any differently from multiplayer format, there's just less talking going on (presumably gran_risa.gif ). Can you point out what your problems with the rules regarding solo are?

I guess the biggest problem i'm having is with the

attacking of the marines - does each marine get an attach each round (given facing and range)
genestealer attacking - does each GS attack of is it just the group? (I've been playing the group)
GS movement - ???????????????, lol really no clue, i get the arrows and flanking but when do they move
new locations - when do these come in to play how do i know when to flip them over?

that the start of it, maybe i was to tired to understand the rules after reading the book about 5 time today some are clear now the above are still not quite in my mind i guess.

Thanks

crimsonghost13 said:

attacking of the marines - does each marine get an attach each round (given facing and range)

If you have say Blue, Green and Red teams in play. When you pick Attack for Red team, both Marines get to attack (Leon IIRC gets 3 attacks from the special ability on the card). Next turn, you have Support or Move + Activate to choose from as you can only use an Action every other turn.

crimsonghost13 said:

genestealer attacking - does each GS attack of is it just the group? (I've been playing the group)

Every GS engaged with a Marine on one side makes up a swarm. The swarm attacks as a group, so one roll. In this setup:

3GS - Marine - 2GS

first the 3GS would attack, Marine needs to roll 4 or 5 to survive (unless the Action or Event card helps him), if he lives, then the 2GS would attack, now he needs 3, 4 or 5 to live.

crimsonghost13 said:

GS movement - ???????????????, lol really no clue, i get the arrows and flanking but when do they move

They move if one of the GS in the swarm has the symbol on the Event card. Events are resolved (except the setup Event): text, then boxes left to right. So take the 3GS swarm above, let's say it has Tail, Skull and Tail GS in it. If the Event card has Tail or Skull, the whole 3GS swarm would move accordingly.

crimsonghost13 said:

new locations - when do these come in to play how do i know when to flip them over?

When either blip pile is empty, at the end of that phase the Marines will Travel (follow p. 26).

Thanks for the clear understanding for the items i had questions about.

Game ON! gran_risa.gif