Fellblade and Lord of Change questions.

By bharrington73, in Warhammer Invasion Rules Questions

Does a Fellblade (Whenever a unit is corrupted, place 1 resource token on this card.) gain a resource token when a unit is played into a zone with a Warpstone Excavation (Your units enter this zone corrupted.)?

With Lord of Change (Players play with the top card of their decks revealed.) in play, will both players see every card that is drawn? For example, the top card of my deck is revealed. During the Quest Phase I draw three cards. Are the cards drawn one at a time (thus ensuring that each card will be top card of my deck and therefore revealed) or would all three cards be drawn at once and then the next card would be revealed?

Brad Harrington said:

Does a Fellblade (Whenever a unit is corrupted, place 1 resource token on this card.) gain a resource token when a unit is played into a zone with a Warpstone Excavation (Your units enter this zone corrupted.)?

With Lord of Change (Players play with the top card of their decks revealed.) in play, will both players see every card that is drawn? For example, the top card of my deck is revealed. During the Quest Phase I draw three cards. Are the cards drawn one at a time (thus ensuring that each card will be top card of my deck and therefore revealed) or would all three cards be drawn at once and then the next card would be revealed?

I don't think the Fellblade gains a resource, since the unit never "becomes" corrupted. It enters play in that state. Similar to if you corrupt and already corrupt unit, the Fellblade doesn't get a counter.

Does anyone have any insight into the Lord of Chaos question? Will all cards drawn be visible to both players?

We do not revealed each card when we draw, as actually for our playgroup the card during quest phase are drawn all at the same time (and not one by one)

By the rulesbook actually, the X power icon in quest zone allow you to draw X cards and not to draw X time 1 card

Brad Harrington said:

Does anyone have any insight into the Lord of Chaos question? Will all cards drawn be visible to both players?

Since there is not much information about this, I would assume it works the same way as it does in MTG, though I don't actually know how that works either. From the limited info in the W:I rules, I think you could make a case that it goes either way. I draw all my cards at once as a matter of convenience, but I would have assumed you still have to reveal each card if you do this. I'd say you should submit it to James as a rule question.

Those are both good questions and you should submit them via the Rules Questions link at the bottom of the page, then let us know the answer you get.

This is super old, but I found the answers to these questions today, and wanted to correct my wrong answer above.

You draw all cards at once, so Lord of Change only reveals 1.

Felblade gains a token, since units that enter play corrupted still trigger "whenever a unit is corrupted" effects.

On 1/18/2011 at 6:01 PM, Entropy42 said:

This is super old, but I found the answers to these questions today, and wanted to correct my wrong answer above.

You draw all cards at once, so Lord of Change only reveals 1.

Felblade gains a token, since units that enter play corrupted still trigger "whenever a unit is corrupted" effects.

The FAQ now says otherwise: Q: If I control Fellblade (CC 100) and my opponent plays a unit into a zone containing a Warpstone Excavation (CS 116), is the unit considered to have been corrupted, allowing me to put a resource token on Fellblade? A: No. A unit that enters play in a particular state is not considered to have changed states. So in this case there is nothing being corrupted to trigger Fellblade. However, if a unit already in play moves to the zone that contains Warpstone Excavation, then it is considered to have been corrupted and a resource token would be placed on Fellblade.