Some newbie questions

By Sining, in DungeonQuest

Hi, just started playing Dungeonquest and had a few questions about things that didnt make sense.

1) If a hero goes back into a space he's already explored, does he still have to draw a dungeon card?

2) A hero can only move 1 square at a time unless he's going through corridors?

Yes and yes...

Also remember that you can only move twice one time from a corridor a turn.

examples:

Move ,Draw tile, Place corridor, move, draw tile, place other dungeon tile, do effects, end of turn.

Move, Draw tile, place corridor,move, draw tile, place corridor, end turn

BillStivers said:

Also remember that you can only move twice one time from a corridor a turn.

Move, Draw tile, place corridor,move, draw tile, place corridor, end turn

I don't agrre with this. Rules says: you must immediately move again. you cannot enter THE SAME corridor twice in the same turn.

so if you draw 4 tiles and are 3 corridors and the last one a room, you do like this:

Move, Draw tile, place corridor,move, draw tile, place corridor, ,move, draw tile, place corridor, move, draw tile, place room, encounter room, end turn.

We played this way also with the original GW dungeonquest.

I agree with air show: as long as you draw additional corridors you continue moving unless you hit one of them again in your turn. I guess the limitation on the corridor tile is to prevent unlimited circling when a player draws four corridors in a row and moves in a square/circle with them.

Shelfwear said:

I agree with air show: as long as you draw additional corridors you continue moving unless you hit one of them again in your turn. I guess the limitation on the corridor tile is to prevent unlimited circling when a player draws four corridors in a row and moves in a square/circle with them.

right. and to force players to continue going ahead in the same turn, without the possibility to retreat (in the same turn).