Space Hulk (tabletop game recreation)

By KommissarK, in Deathwatch House Rules

So as a thought experiment, what xp/renown levels would you use to recreate the Sin of Damnation campaign seen in the Space Hulk TT game? 35k xp base, 60 renown, force all chars to be blood angels, all players have deafault kit of terminator armour, storm bolter, and power fist?

I would beef up the Genestealers a bit, 1d10+7 R, Pen 7 Tearing will hardly ever hurt a Terminator.

Bij that time a Devastator should have around Toughness 50 (TB 10), 14 AP and a 35% force field
So technically It wouldn't be able to hurt the Space Marines

So use the Genstealers in Final Sanction and combine those stats with those in Creature Anathema.

Or just add Unnatural Strength (x2) to those in Creature Anathema and boost their damage output to 2d10+10 R, Pen 7, Tearing, Razorsharp, up the wounds by 4 (like it will matter).

Those Genestealers should be terrifying enough, a good hit (2 DoS or more) would negate the Termie Armour and Toughness (Most of the Time) and deal 2d10 wounds directly....

I like the idea. I have a copy in my attic of space hulk, and I'd love an excuse to paint up all the miniatures and use them for something a little more complex than the TT game.

I agree that the stealers would need the buff, or you would need to make use of genestealer hordes demonio.gif , for them to be any real threat at that level.

You can use the CA Genestealer, just add the Razor Sharp quality to it's claws and add the Berserk charge and Preternatural Speed talents.

That should more than make up for any shortfall and make them only slightly less dangerous than the Genestealers from Final Sanction.

While the TT game represents 1 Terminator as a single model I doubt from the text that goes with each mission that each Genestealer is a single Genestealer, its more likely to be a horde of several according to Deathwatch rules.