One of these things is not like the others... Why?

By HappyDaze, in Deathwatch House Rules

Among the Codex Abilities, Feat of Strength stands out. All of the other abilities can be used "once per game session" while Feat of Strength can be used "once per day of game time" (DW, page 216). I think I'm going to house rule that Feat of Strength can be used "once per game session" since I can't see any good reason for it to be different from the other Codex Abilities.

I agree, it should probably work the same as the others. Although, I might add a "Can 'o Spinach" caveat to the house rule. lengua.gif

Honestly I would scrap that once per session system and give a space marine personal "cohesion" Maybe WPB, lets call it "resolve" and each solo mode ability costs a certain amount of resolve.

Once per session/ once per day things are kind of lame in my eyes.

SomVone said:

Honestly I would scrap that once per session system and give a space marine personal "cohesion" Maybe WPB, lets call it "resolve" and each solo mode ability costs a certain amount of resolve.

Once per session/ once per day things are kind of lame in my eyes.

Lame perhaps, but DW is very gamey in that regard. The Squad Mode/Solo Mode split, the Hordes rules, and other features like unlimited ammo, push the game factor way up and the simulationist side down. If you don't care for it to feel artificial when playing, you'll need to more than the "once per session" abilities.

There are many game systems with once per day/once per session abilities and I've never really had a huge problem with them. My biggest gripe is that it really depends on your group's play style- do you get together for 2 hours once a week, 3 times a week, or once a week for a 12 hour marathon. I usually tweak them to work within a 24 hour in-game time to limit them and use the 'you feel recharged after sleeping' excuse as I hand wave...

And yeah, there are a lot of changes that need to be made to tune the game feel down, but I don't think you need too much...

Hmm ..... spinach as a material component for the strength... and meth for burst of "speed"....

Meth is terrible problem these days and should never be joked about. Simply put, meth = death, and because of meth, zombies are now way faster and scabbier than they ever were back in my youth. **** druggies are bringing the zombiepocalypse upon us all!