Chicagoland LCG group startup!!

By Budbundy, in Call of Cthulhu LCG

Hello everyone I have been considering starting up a local Chicagoland area LCG group in the burbs at Games Plus in Mt Prospect a few days a month (probably weekends) We would play all of the LCGs available W:I, GoT, CoC, and LotR when its available. If anyone is interested in getting on the mailing list so we can get this going post here and email me your info so we can include you. If there is enough interest I would be more than happy to set up a monthly Tourney for the LCGs as well. The more interest the sooner we can get it going!! Hope to hear from all you Chicago people soon and let IL represent!!

Cool ! I'm from Chicago (Bensenville) - but have only moved out here a few years back for work. Still, I think Mt. Prospect is pretty close to me...just north of the airport if my generallly vague sense of direction is correct ? happy.gif

It would be great to have some place to go and play CoC with other people - my friend at work and I play - but only (currently) when we are both there and we have a little down time....it would be cool to have the chance on my off days to go and play the game with other people for an evening - though - especially when it's a close drive (more or less) from my place.

I'd like to join in on the LCG fun. I only just got started with the Call of Cthulhu LCG though.

Hello,

I used to run CoC at GP back in the CCG days. At our peak, we had 20 players for a tournament. So there is interest in the area for some organized play.

I don't have the time I used to to organize things. But I still play with about 4 players on the NW side of Chicago.

If you host something on the weekends, I can probably get them to show up and play. Sundays are generally better for us. Plus GP is less crowded on Sunday and easier to get a table.

where's GP at now ? - or rather, which one do you go to that has tables, space, etc. for people to meet at and play ?

Also...isn't it a shame there aren't more "friendly local gaming stores" in Chicago area anymore ? It's like Games Workshop drove everyone out that the recession didn't.... sad.gif

Hi Everyone

I just bought the game and was looking for players. I saw the listing on GP's site about the group and emailed Rick about it to see if it was still active since I didn't see any evens on the calendar.

He told me the group wasn't active. He may have been referring to a prior group, but I wanted to let you know what the communication back was in case his info was incorrect.

Hope the group is rolling! Otherwise, if there are players in the Western burbs (Downers, Naperville, etc.) who want to play let me know.

CM

I'm in sounds like a great idea!

I've been curious about the whole LCG thing and am anxious to give it a shot. My problem is I don't know many other gamers in the general area at the moment.

I'm in the Niles/Park Ridge area, and I think a place such as Games Plus wouldn't be too far for me to get to.

Getting something at Games Plus is relatively easy. You need to pick a day (preferrably a weekend or weeknight, but not during the upcoming auction), reserve a table or two and post the information here and at Games Plus. Then see who shows up.