Great news about the game's release

By rickert, in Moto Grand Prix

It is indeed wonderful to read that the game will finally be avilable next week. I want to get my second copy to have more bikes on the track and larger layouts.

agreed! I was happy this morning when I opened my inbox and had an email waiting from my OGS saying it was released and will be here next week. hooray!

Awesome! thanks for sharing. I preordered my copy with ThoughtHammer - no email about MGP shipping to me at this time.

This is one I've been looking forward to since it was first announced and I'm looking forward to getting my hands on it. I like the idea that you can use multiple sets, including bikes on the track, but does anyone have an idea how many bikes is actually practical on a 3-lane track? Is it possible to race 18 - or even 24 - bikes and still have the game be fun?

I haven't had the opportunity to play Moto GP with more than six bikes yet, but I am very much looking forward to playing with 18. I don't think the mechanics will suffer at all - in fact I think the races will play out even more excitingly. I'm expecting that the engine and tire points may need to be adjusted for the frequency in which I expect they will be lost due to more chances for bike contact and the greater necessities for adjusting position on the track that rolls may not allow due to the increased traffic. Otherwise though, I expect that the game should still play very smoothly - increased time due to the number of bikes, but essentially the same.

Not sure how soon we'll be getting around to playing this way, but I'll be sure to report :)

toddrew said:

I haven't had the opportunity to play Moto GP with more than six bikes yet, but I am very much looking forward to playing with 18.

Wow! Are planning on picking up 2 extra sets?

I'm sure with all the extra road pieces you could mod a pitstop and develop pitstop rules to compensate for all the braking/engine usage... I'm sure I could help playtest that through as well gui%C3%B1o.gif Super bowl Sunday perhaps gran_risa.gif

spacemonkeymafia said:

1 more for sure - I'm thinking Matchbox motorbikes as proxies for the final 6 unless FFG is so kind as to make the bikes available separately. 'Omi has already played one of the bikes into oblivion, so I'm hoping that they are so kind angel.gif

spacemonkeymafia said:

I'm sure with all the extra road pieces you could mod a pitstop and develop pitstop rules to compensate for all the braking/engine usage... I'm sure I could help playtest that through as well gui%C3%B1o.gif

I'm a real-life moto gp newbie myself - but research has indicated no pit-stops. Tough nuts if you blow a tire.

spacemonkeymafia said:

Super bowl Sunday perhaps gran_risa.gif

It's a date. This year (well, next year, more accurately said ;) ) we shall putt-put tmotorbikes around the modular tracks before witnessing Vincent Jackson make the game winning TD reception as time expires as the pigskin becomes lodged in his facemask after having his arms pinned to his side by Winfield after Sharper had tipped the pass as the Vikings fall to 0-5 in Super Bowls, removing the "hand" from, and therefore narrowly topping, the dramatic "helmet + hand" catch that effectively ended last year's game.

toddrew said:

spacemonkeymafia said:

1 more for sure - I'm thinking Matchbox motorbikes as proxies for the final 6 unless FFG is so kind as to make the bikes available separately. 'Omi has already played one of the bikes into oblivion, so I'm hoping that they are so kind angel.gif

spacemonkeymafia said:

I'm sure with all the extra road pieces you could mod a pitstop and develop pitstop rules to compensate for all the braking/engine usage... I'm sure I could help playtest that through as well gui%C3%B1o.gif

I'm a real-life moto gp newbie myself - but research has indicated no pit-stops. Tough nuts if you blow a tire.

spacemonkeymafia said:

Super bowl Sunday perhaps gran_risa.gif

It's a date. This year (well, next year, more accurately said ;) ) we shall putt-put tmotorbikes around the modular tracks before witnessing Vincent Jackson make the game winning TD reception as time expires as the pigskin becomes lodged in his facemask after having his arms pinned to his side by Winfield after Sharper had tipped the pass as the Vikings fall to 0-5 in Super Bowls, removing the "hand" from, and therefore narrowly topping, the dramatic "helmet + hand" catch that effectively ended last year's game.

Oh, do you have any links for motorcycles that will work with this game (scalewise)? It would be nice to have actual MotoGP bikes to use in MGP! I did a google for matchbox but came up empty!

:)

I didn't see an option to edit my post above...

I did come across this website of possible interest to some folks...

www.scale-bikes.de/

They have lots of motorcycle model kits and die-cast units at various scales. However, they are based in Germany and shipping to the U.S. may be expensive.