Some weapons changes

By Lucius Valerius, in Deathwatch House Rules

As I posted on another threat I've changed some of the weapons trats or dettails to fit the fluff or TT codex. I have to issue with the damage wepons deal, just some tweaks to some traits.

Powerfirst: Change Unwieldy with Unbalanced if used in Power Armor. Lose Unbalance on Terminator Armor.

Lightning Claw: On Power armor 1 claw is Unbalanced, both are used lose the trait. On Terminator 1 claw lose the Unbalanced trait, gain Balanced if both are used.

Thunderhammer: Unbalanced if used in Power Armor 1 handed, lose it if used 2 handed. Lose Unbalance on Terminator Armor.

Relic Blade: Unbalanced if used in Power Armor 1 handed, lose it if used 2 handed. (the relic blade isn't really 2 a 2 handed weapon in TT)

By Power Claw, are you referring to Lightning Claws?

Power Klaws are orky power fists.

Our GM (Major Shultz) modified this one for me as I'm wanting to run a Space Wolf Rune Priest and like choppy weapons moreso that stabby:

Force Axe: Based on Force Sword, but add 2 damage and Razor Sharp, then replace Balanced with Unwieldy.

yea sorry, lightning claw... gonna edit that sonrojado.gif

from france

does the weapons found in the book has other quality than storm, twin liked, tearing?

Yes, Razor Sharp, volatile, concussive, devastating, felling, haywire & sanctified

bmaynard said:

By Power Claw, are you referring to Lightning Claws?

Power Klaws are orky power fists.

Our GM (Major Shultz) modified this one for me as I'm wanting to run a Space Wolf Rune Priest and like choppy weapons moreso that stabby:

Force Axe: Based on Force Sword, but add 2 damage and Razor Sharp, then replace Balanced with Unwieldy.

Axes are typically Unbalanced, not Unwieldy. I also wouldn't have given it Razor Sharp, seeings as you are going to be adding PR to both Damage and Pen, and can boost that further with Might of the Ancients ; page 195. And given the rules on page 189 state that the PR value is that of when the power is manifested, you can Push and get up to an additional 3 more to the effect generated from Might of the Ancients. EDIT: This might not be so bad so long as Razor Sharp is only applied to the weapon's base Penetration, and not the value after being increased by PR.

If you guys have access to Into the Storm , the Naduesh Force Axe ; page 126, would probably be a better basis. They are +2 Damage, +1 Pen and Unbalanced when compared to the Naduesh Force Sword . Similarly, the Force Axe in the Inquisitor's Handbook ; pages 187-188, is +2 Damage and Unbalanced over the Force Sword published alongside it, though both weapons have the same Pen.

But, if that's what is gonna work for Schultz's game, that's his prerogative. It's not a bad idea, really. Just not how I would have swung things, so to speak. gran_risa.gif

-=Brother Praetus=-

The thing is with the combined strengh of an Astartes AND his power armor, there's very little he can't move. The table ofr lifting reach a max combine S&T of 20 and a marine with strenght 50 and toughnes 50 pas easily. Following the table he can carry over 2 tons and lift over 4 tons.. now with that kind of power, I think it's impossible for any weapon whatsoever to be unwieldy (as is not usable for parry manouvers) for an astartes.

I believe I misstated the effect as unwieldy when I was looking for unbalanced.

I think the Razor Sharp would be a weapon effect, not a psychic effect, thus only applying to the pen on the axe itself as opposed to the PR modified pen.

And as for the puns, I think you'd fit right in with our group.

There is a shiny new Force Axe in Into the Storm, if that is of any use to you!

Xenoviel said:

happy.gif That would be the Naduesh Force Axe that I mentioned. It is indeed shiny. It makes me all a-tingle with killing intent. demonio.gif

-= Brother Praetus=-

Brother Praetus said:

Xenoviel said:

happy.gif That would be the Naduesh Force Axe that I mentioned. It is indeed shiny. It makes me all a-tingle with killing intent. demonio.gif

-= Brother Praetus=-

I forget which thread it was in Dark heresy boards, but I think all force weapons should be relabled 'Las Cannon Axes' or Las Cannon Swords.

Thats way hotter than 'Force'!