OOP already?!?

By Foligatto, in Death Angel

Oh my goodness.....! What have I done? Is this game already OOP?!?

Oh my God!

I am quite in a shock.

Please, can anyone tell me any shop which still sells the game?

I am from Europe.

Thanks a lot to all.

sad.gif

hi, what "part" of europe are you from? XD

if you're from Italy can help you. :P

My FLGS is still selling the Finnish version, which I'm so not touching. Luckily, I don't have a lack of games to play while waiting for the next batch of SH:DA to arrive.

Foligatto said:

Oh my goodness.....! What have I done? Is this game already OOP?!?

The initial print run seems to have sold out rather quickly, yes. This is a good thing! There will surely be a new print run and another after that, the game was just released for crying out loud! That it ran out so quickly just means its popular, and popular things tend to stick around.

Also keep in mind that being sold out here on FFG's store really just means their warehouse is empty. Most of those copies were likely sold to local stores around the world via distributors, which means there should be plenty of copies out there in local stores. I'm not sure how much of the Stateside print runs get sent off to Europe on average, but I'd check around the place where you usually go to get English copies of games before you start panicking about having missed the boat.

And if you still can't find it, place a special order or something. Like I said, there will most certainly be more print runs in the (hopefully near) future.

It would seem my FLGS found two copies and are selling them at 49.95! I was in shock! They said that they are sold out and it is all about supply and demand. When I told them that I saw several copies on the shelf at the local BN (there are several within five to ten miles of the store) selling at 19.95 there was an awkward silence and low reply, "oh, really?"

Tsk, tsk.

JackhammerJohn said:

It would seem my FLGS found two copies and are selling them at 49.95! I was in shock! They said that they are sold out and it is all about supply and demand. When I told them that I saw several copies on the shelf at the local BN (there are several within five to ten miles of the store) selling at 19.95 there was an awkward silence and low reply, "oh, really?"

Did they go all Ace Ventura when they said that partido_risa.gif ?

I've been pestering my local game shop since the game was released and all they coudl tell me was "it's not in yet". Imagine how dumbfounded I was when I just happen to be strolling through B&N, walked by the games section, and there sat no less than 5 copies of the game...

This isn't anything new. FFG has underprinted their products for years. You grab when it first comes out (i.e. within the first week or three of release) or you wait for the reprint, whenever it will come. It's not an OMG moment if you're familiar with their release schedule. They just don't have the resources to pump out enough of any of their products to keep up with a constant demand or insanely popular releases when they first hit before moving on to their next release.

My LGS has two copies in they must have paid retail for at a Barnes and Noble bookstore as they're charging $45usd for them.