Sneak Peek >> Player's Guide

By ynnen, in WFRP Archived Announcements

Majority of my players likes the shiny bits in WFRP3, some just find basic cards useless, some are conservatives and would rather play with pen and papers instead of cards. But they all enjoy the dices and the tokens.

People might play without the other components, for example, by counting rounds, stress and fatigues on a paper, or on standard numbered dices. Progress tracker is just a visual prop to count rounds. Playing without action cards would really be a pain in the mass because you would have to copy all those symbols on 2 sided cards on a blank sheet.

commoner said:

I know that's gloomy and admit I will be buying the new edition, FFG has given me currently no reason to believe that the component play style is at all here to stay and will survive this financial maneuver (and I'm all for them making boat loads of cash off of this).

No reason? But the preview pdf and FAQ clearly states that all upcoming products but the guides will be released as boxes. And that cover products up to next summer.

Q: How about future supplements?
A: These will be released in the same way that we have released our supplements to date (such as "The Gathering Storm" and "Winds of Magic") including both the rules, source materials, and components in one box

ffgfan said:

I'm just wondering when this and the rest of Guides & Vaults products will be available? Jay, could You at least say as the month, please?

I noticed over the weekend that Game Trade Magazine #128 lists all three hardcovers and all three vault boxes for November 2010 release. I hesitate to make too much of this, however, because the issue would have gone to press about the same time that Shifting Shadows was released.

djpeterso23662 said:

ffgfan said:

I'm just wondering when this and the rest of Guides & Vaults products will be available? Jay, could You at least say as the month, please?

I noticed over the weekend that Game Trade Magazine #128 lists all three hardcovers and all three vault boxes for November 2010 release. I hesitate to make too much of this, however, because the issue would have gone to press about the same time that Shifting Shadows was released.

In november? That would be great becouse I can't wait to get all those new products in my hands. I'm still waiting for Signs of Faith and i'm hoping to see it soon. gui%C3%B1o.gif

ffgfan said:

ffgfan said:
In november? That would be great becouse I can't wait to get all those new products in my hands. I'm still waiting for Signs of Faith and i'm hoping to see it soon. gui%C3%B1o.gif

If you think that's amazing, check this out: http://amazon.co.uk says the books will release October 30.

djpeterso23662 said:

If you think that's amazing, check this out: http://amazon.co.uk says the books will release October 30.

Wow! That would be sweet! I talked about those books with guys from my FLGS and they said that all those Guides&Vaults products will be avaliable in november for sure, maybe a little bit sooner. And about Signs of Faith - it should be avalaible after 20th october. Can't wait to see all those new products and get my hands on them, FFG please release them as soon as You can! gui%C3%B1o.gif

...quickly to be listed as sold out and delayed shipping until 1/15/11. ;)

keltheos said:

...quickly to be listed as sold out and delayed shipping until 1/15/11. ;)

This could be true but only at amazon. I just ordered them at my FLGS, so I will get new WFRP products this year. lengua.gif I just hope it will be soon. happy.gif

Oh yeah, that's Amazon...although I find if you don't get the newest FFG releases within a couple weeks of them hitting the stores you are waiting for a restocking reprint. ;)

When's Faith hitting? ;)

keltheos said:

When's Faith hitting? ;)

My local store just added it to the offer with release date scheduled on... December...

Thats even more strange, when you know, they have all the guides and vaults scheduled on November (well except Creatures Guide which has also release date set on December).

But thats Europe, maybe something is different here...

Anyway, I ordered it all except the guides (still waiting for some answer from FFG on possibility of collectors edition, and since I have all the boxed stuff I can wait till the guides are out).

It's been on the boat for a few weeks now. I would guess it arrives and starts shipping within a week or two.

Sunatet said:

keltheos said:

When's Faith hitting? ;)

My local store just added it to the offer with release date scheduled on... December...

Thats even more strange, when you know, they have all the guides and vaults scheduled on November (well except Creatures Guide which has also release date set on December).

But thats Europe, maybe something is different here...

Anyway, I ordered it all except the guides (still waiting for some answer from FFG on possibility of collectors edition, and since I have all the boxed stuff I can wait till the guides are out).

I could not agre more with Sunatet., maybe even we share the same FLGS and we don't now about it? According to my friends at the store the avaliability in Europe looks like this:

November: GM Guide & Vault, Players Guide & Vault, Creatures Vault

December: Signs of Faith, Creatures Guide

One thing only bothers me - why at the GenCon Jay said that Signs of Faith will be avaliable soon after GenCon? Is december soon? I don't get it. It looks like we are going to get first almost all Guide & Vaults products and after that the Signs of Faith, that should be avaliable earlier.

Might have suffered from the same issue that TGS did when it first hit the shores (was it TGS? I can't remember) and they had to delay it for some reason (printing issues, packaging, unknown but some quality control situation, I'd guess).

Also, never discount the immense delays products shipped from China can experience once they hit US soil. God Bless Customs. ;)

keltheos said:

Might have suffered from the same issue that TGS did when it first hit the shores (was it TGS? I can't remember) and they had to delay it for some reason (printing issues, packaging, unknown but some quality control situation, I'd guess).

Also, never discount the immense delays products shipped from China can experience once they hit US soil. God Bless Customs. ;)

No, it was Game Masters Toolkit I think - it also had a delay becouse of the quality. I think this is the only reason why it's still on the boat. So I think I will wait becouse I rather will have a good high quality product then have it sooner in low quality.

The guides and vaults are on the Upcoming page, and listed as At the Printers.

Ok, so for a long time now we can see that the Guides & Vaults are on the boat (about a month now). So when will they hit the stores? If I'm correct they should be avaliable at the end of this year. Many shops that I know are saying that the release date is 30th November but is this true? Will we see them before Christmas in Europe? It would be great but is this true?

Also we haven't heared for a long time nothing from Jay, where did the Designers Dairies go? When will we see some more news about our favourite game?

If it is like previous releases, they will most likely start shipping this week, and in stores next.

That said ...

The guides aren't like previous supplements (no components), so they may not conform.

FF could also be waiting until they have all the guides and vaults ready before shipping so that they hit stores all at once.

Doc, the Weasel said:

If it is like previous releases, they will most likely start shipping this week, and in stores next.

That said ...

The guides aren't like previous supplements (no components), so they may not conform.

FF could also be waiting until they have all the guides and vaults ready before shipping so that they hit stores all at once.

I hope You're right and we will see all the Guides & Vaults shipping this week. Or even better today. gui%C3%B1o.gif

I wish to get the new products before Christmas. I've ordered them in october at my FLGS, so I'm just waiting until they will be released and shipped to my home. I just can't wait to get them in my hands. babeo.gif And after that to show them to my players and use them at my sessions. gran_risa.gif

FFG, please release all those products! Pretty please! gran_risa.gif

I don't know if this has been mentioned anywhere yet, but I just wanted to give you guys props for the following quote in the Player's Guide:

Things you Probably Won't Get Fortune For:

"Quoting Monty Python"

Ahahahahahha....

I think my campaign laughed at that for 10 min before we were able to get back to character creation...

Well done guys!