Play solo

By [email protected], in Call of Cthulhu LCG

HI,

i like this game but where i live i m the only one. So can i play in solitaire??

If yes where can i found rules anout solo-play??

thank you for answer

bye bye

Marco

As far as I know, and I'm not an expert, when people play solo they design two decks and play them against each other, similar to the way someone would play chess alone. I know people that have done this for other games, such as Spellfire, and I know people test their tournament decks in this fashion, but I can't help but wonder if the fun factor is still there.

Your best bet, in my opinion, is to just force your friends to play with you. Maybe threaten not to be their friend anymore if they refuse. happy.gif

HappyDD

I've always marveled at people who are able to play strategy games by themselves. I mean, unless you have some odd brain condition, it should be impossible to out-think your "opponent."

MarthWMaster said:

I've always marveled at people who are able to play strategy games by themselves. I mean, unless you have some odd brain condition, it should be impossible to out-think your "opponent."

gui%C3%B1o.gif

The important thing is to separate the information that is available to each side, i.e. you have to ignore (or forget) what the 'opponent's' hand is. Then it becomes a matter of judging probabilities.

I think if you are good at putting yourself into another person's mind you'll also manage to switch between the two sides with minimal effort. Then, of course there's always room for mistakes, e.g. you might forget about a character's ability of your 'opponent' when playing 'your' turn.

What does not work well when playing solo is 'bluffing' or setting 'traps'. But again this is basically a matter of judging the odds using the information available to one side. If you feel you cannot decide, roll dice.