Monsters Special Ability

By JDtrue, in Descent: Journeys in the Dark

I just want to clarify. If monsters' special ability (such as the sorcerer's sorcery 4) doesn't have a surge next to it, does it get this special ability every time it attacks? Beastmen get +1 damage for example?

Correct. I don't think any of the normal monsters have abilities that depend on surges.

-shnar

Well, the Bash and Dark Prayer abilities (from Altar of Despair) depend on surges, but they explicitly say in their rules that they depend on surges, and how.

An ability like "+1 damage", with no surge icons, is just something you get for free on every attack.

Antistone said:

Well, the Bash and Dark Prayer abilities (from Altar of Despair) depend on surges, but they explicitly say in their rules that they depend on surges, and how.

An ability like "+1 damage", with no surge icons, is just something you get for free on every attack.

True. I was thinking more that I couldn't remember any monster cards that had printed on them "~ +1 damage", where the monster had the surge icon printed on his card, similar to weapon abilities.

-shnar

awesome thanks for the info:)