Blip Piles

By cadamec, in Death Angel

OK I have looked high and low for an answer to this question:

When forming new blip piles after travel, do you add the number of cards to the existing piles (at least one of which will be empty), or do you add only enough cards to bring the piles up the number stated on the location card.

In other words, if one pile is empty and the other has 2 cards in it, and the location states 5 and 5 for blip piles, do you end up with two piles of 5 and 7 or two piles of 5 and 5?

The rules are not entirely clear on this.

I have been playing that you form piles of exactly the number of blip cards stated on the location card, but I could see an argument the other way as well.

How are you guys playing this?

You must not have looked at step 3 on page 26. happy.gif

3. Discard/Refill Blip Piles: All cards that remain in the blip pile(s) are discarded. Then a number of cards is added to each blip pile from the Genestealer deck until each pile contains the number listed on the Location card (see “Blip Piles” on page 20). [emphasis added]

Ahh!

Thanks. :) I was just looking on page 20.

No problem. I miss rules all the time. Usually when they're one sentence or in some cases a single word.

If you didn't miss a rule, it's not a FantasyFlightGame ;-)

Gregaria said:

Indeed. 30!!! pages for a card game. Granted they're half size. But even at 8.5x11 it'd be 15 pages.

Sometimes I swear that FFG comes up with a game idea that has 8 pages of rules, then says "Okay, boys, we need 32 more pages. What can we add?"

(Although to be fair, even though FFG may not have the most unambiguous rules, their organization is usually quite good -- I can find that ambiguous rule really easy.)

Macronx said:

Gregaria said:

Indeed. 30!!! pages for a card game. Granted they're half size. But even at 8.5x11 it'd be 15 pages.

Sometimes I swear that FFG comes up with a game idea that has 8 pages of rules, then says "Okay, boys, we need 32 more pages. What can we add?"

hahaha, brilliant :D