WW1 or WW2?

By Pilot17, in Wings of War (WWI)

I think im going to get WoW. Im leaning towards WW1 but i was wondering what other people think. I was also curious about what the difference is between the two other than different planes and maneuvers. Is there any different game mechanics?

Im posting this on both forums so i can try to get an opinion from both sides.

Both of the games have teh same basic mechanics, but the number of cards planned per turn is different which gives a distinctly different feel to each game. WWI was more about the pilots and their personalities, while WWII was mostly about the planes... and this comes out as a "feeling" in the games as well.

The big thing to keep in mind is that the WWI version has a lot more material out for it which gives a lot more options for missions and game play. I personally like the WWI version better, even though I like WWII planes better. If you are a miniatures player, there is no choice but to go with WWI now. It has more then twice the number of minis out as WWII does.

You should check out the site Wings of War Aerodrome , it is the fastest growing and most active site for this game out there.

See my post over in the WWII section...

Thanks, thats a pretty good site ill have to check it out in more depth.