Gitzman's WFRP3 MapTools v1.35 & The Gathering Storm download

By Gitzman, in Warhammer Fantasy Roleplay

Dudes,

I have just completed what has come to be the most requested campaign/adventure file for Gitzman's WFRP3 MapTools RuleSet , The Gathering Storm.

This campaign which represents the first major adventure release for WFRP3 covers 5 chapters, nearly a dozen large, high quality maps, over 100 NPCs, and much, much more.

For those unfamiliar with MapTools , it is a free digital game board software which is capable of running modules designed by gamers to help supplement their gaming experiences. I have created the WFRP3 RuleSet in MapTools to add to the gaming experience, and to allow us to play games over our computers with anyone in the world!

The Gathering Storm campaign file is available at Gitzman's Gallery

Download MapTools for free HERE

View an overview video of MapTools and what is it capable of HERE

Learn to use MapTools through a variety of Tutorials HERE

See MapTools and Gitzmans RuleSet for WFRP3 in action HERE (thumbnail below)

maptoolscapture.png

Game on!

Gitzman

* All published releases for WFRP3 by FFG are available to download for MapTools at Gitzman's Gallery except The Edge of Night which is in development.

As always, the release of the adventure includes the latest version of Gitzman's WFRP3 MapTools RuleSet and includes but but is not limited to the following major features:

Updated RuleSet to be compatible with MapTools 1.3.b73
Removed functionality for MovePad
Cleanud up layout and display of various macro button results for better feedback in the chat window.
Added Combat and Social initiative macros
Revamped visuals for Stress and Fatigue, adding various visual cues for what level of Distress and Fatigue the PC is in.
Revamped visuals for Critically Wounded, Death and Unconcious.
Revamped back end for how macros calculate current player state when going into and coming out of Unconciousness to avoid certain states not being applied properly.
Added functionality which prevents a player healing wounds beyond the number of critical wounds they have.
Added Player 'Adventuring Party' tokens for use when the whole group is on the move.

Heavily remodeled the Rumbles DiceBox plugin to improve visuals and layout
Altered the method of generating the intitiative by completely automating the process (no input box anymore). It now takes into account your stance in addition to your agility.
Heavily remodeled the layout and feedback of the Initiative (Social and Combat) layout
Added Miscast Tables with visuals
Added Mutaion Tables with visuals
Added Critical Hit Tables with Visuals
Added Location Card functionality
Added differential for NPC and PC tokens and appropriate stats

Added DiceBox functionality to the dice pool generation system allowing for saved dice pool rolls, single click interface (no drop downs). Very fast and easy now.
Added functionality for Location Cards.
Added functionality for Range Tokens (Short, Medium, Long and Extreme)
Added a new RuleSet for NPC tokens and modified macros to effect them appropriatly.
Adding stress or fatigue to an NPC now causes wounds per the rules.

Generate custom dice pools which will graphically roll the results in addition to calculating your net success/failure of all the results.
Includes functionality for Sigmar's Comet being turned into a success if no other successes are available.
Includes functionality for exploding Righteous Fury dice both graphically and in the net results.
Initiative generation tool utilizing the characteristics and dice pool functionality of selected tokens.
Includes functionality for Conservative dice delays.
Includes functionality for MovePad

WFRP3 Ruleset includes characteristics, wounds, stress, fatigue, corruption, soak, defense, light sources, and more.
States are included for all major conditions pertaining to major status adjustments to a character or NPC such as Fatigued, distressed, strained, knocked out, dead and more.
A custom Stance Bar at the top of each token allows players to manage 8 degrees of stance into reckless or conservative.
A custom Health Bar manages the wounds a character or NPC takes during the adventures.
A series of handy Macros help manage the automation built into the RuleSet.
Through the use of macros you will be able to:
Add and subtract wounds from a selected token, which will automatically apply those wounds to the health bar, and knock the character out or kill the appropriatly once the correct number of wounds and critical wounds have been applied (Includes all appropriate states).
Add and subtract critical wounds which will kill the character at the appropriate time based on their characteristics (includes states for critically wounded)
Add and subtract stress and fatigue which will trigger the appropriate state once fatigued, distressed, or strained (includes states).
Add and subtract corruption points.
Generate a Dice pool which displays net results.
Includes functionality for 2x Boon or 2x Bane option for generating or healing stress/fatigue.
Includes functionality for triggering a Chaos Star effect.
Includes functionality for triggering a Sigmar's Comet effect.
Includes functionality for triggering a Delay effect.
Includes functionality for triggering an Exhausted effect.
Includes functionality for MovePad

Good work! My plan is to run a few of these after the players hardcovers are out. It's castration by mace-tabling until that book can be in the hands of the players (IMHO).

Jh

Very excited about this!

Sadly I get an errer message when I try to open the file: "Cannot determine file format; not loaded".

My maptools version is 1.3b74

Dude.

Seriously stellar work! This will be awesome to try! The explanation videos and all were a great help - I had thought this was more of a GM/RPG aid - not a whole package for HOLYCRAPWOW! =D

Thanks for all your hard work on the WHFRP plug in!

I figured it out.

Thank you for a great - no GREAT - game ressource and GM help!

AlephTau said:

I figured it out.Thank you for a great - no GREAT - game ressource and GM help!

Aleph, I can't get it to load with either b73 or b74. What did you do to solve the problem?

Jay H

Just for reference it was designed in b73. But i've never had an issue loading it. It may take a little while since its a large file. My MapTools launch settings are:

• Max Mem: 1024
  • Min Mem: 256
  • Stack Size: 5

Just in case that makes a difference for you guys =)

Gitzman

That was the solution. I didn't have my memory jacked up high enough. By Khorne's gut-dragging flails, this sucker is HUGE!

jh

yay!

I've found that the defaul memory settings are rarely sufficient for any maps with heavy graphics.

Gitz

Make a note to include that on the notes with the version in the future.

Jay H

I'm getting some errors (incomplete file download) while getting the files from you Gitzman.

I'm not sure if it's a problem at my end or something to do with the server where the files are hosted.