Moving Terrain

By cadamec, in Death Angel

Hi,

When you guys have a marine die and the line has to consosidate and the terrain moves so that there are 2 terrain cards in one position, do the genestealer swarms combine? Does each terrain keep its own swarm? How do you guys deal with this? I am not sure that I can find a clear example in the rules.

cadamec said:

Hi,

When you guys have a marine die and the line has to consosidate and the terrain moves so that there are 2 terrain cards in one position, do the genestealer swarms combine? Does each terrain keep its own swarm? How do you guys deal with this? I am not sure that I can find a clear example in the rules.

Yes, they merge - see page 28. You have to keep them separate such that if one swarm already attacked, the other still can attack as well though. Once the event phase is over, meld the two swarms into one big one.

-Tim

Thanks for the response. What about future spawns in that position. Do the stealers merge when they spawn?

cadamec said:

Thanks for the response. What about future spawns in that position. Do the stealers merge when they spawn?

Hmm, I'd guess so. The way the rules are worded, the swarms are only kept separate in the phase they moved together, just to make sure if a swarm hadn't attacked that phase that it could do so.

-Tim

yup. Any genestealers who are in the same position and the same side become part of the same swarm.