Support tokens

By Whitmire, in Death Angel

There's one critical thing missing at least from the FIN rules: are support tokens limited in the game or can you use whatever tokens or bottle caps you have at hand to represent additional support tokens, if the need arises?

I've played a few games now and the only one I've won (on solo) is a game where I had the luxury to stack my marines with support tokens at one point (the Promythelium tank or whatnot had been blown up and stealers were spawning from only one location at a time for a number of turns) that I actually ran out of tokens!

IF the number of support tokens is limited, I can accept that. This is supposed to be a hard game, so why not?

IF the number of support tokens is not limited, I can accept that too, but I'd hate to use coins and bottle caps as additional tokens. A marine card with a beer bottle cap on it doesn't really say "for the Emperor" to me.

So what's the deal?

The Rule book states that support tokens are limited to those provided with the game, so if your supply of tokens runs out you cannot use any more until support tokens in play are discarded.

You know you can grab the English rules from this site? Just checking.

It is generally true of FFG games that the game components are limited to what comes in the game box. There are a couple of exception to that rule, but very few that I know of.

Thanks for clearing that up, and thanks Steve-O for establishing the rule of how to generally interpret FFG rules.