Forbidden Tome - Am I done now?

By mpokorny, in DungeonQuest

I was playing a solo crawl and made it to the Treasure Chamber. While the Dragon slept, I pulled the Forbidden Tome from the pile.

The card allows you to roll 2 dice at the beginning of every turn where you start in the Treasure Chamber. And there are varying effects based on the dice roll.

On my next turn, I decided to roll the 2D6 and rolled a 12. The effect here states "Draw 2 treasure cards, and then exit Dragonfire Dungeon."

Does this mean I am magically transported out of the dungeon thus 'Game Over' with the loot that I picked up thus far? Or am I simply forced out of the Treasure Chamber and otherwise have to make my way back to the tower room and out?

Thoughts?

Having a blast playing the game. Thank you!

--mike

Can you share the exact wording on the card?

I don't want to get mine out and go hunting for it. :)

Without getting to all the text,

The card starts with: "Whenever you begin your turn in the Treasure Chamber, you may roll 2 dice:"

It then lists the various effects, ending with..

"12) Draw 2 Treasure cards, and then exit Dragonfire Dungeon"

Wow - nice!

From page 2 of the rules:

"The object of DungeonQuest is to collect treasure and escape Dragonfire Dungeon before the sun sets."

I just wanted to verify the "title" of the dungeon - to be as detailed as I can I guess - but yes... it looks as if a roll of 12 on that card is an insta-exit/win!

Thanks for the opinion and the quick reply.

It has to go down as one of the fastest (winning) dungeons ever - 14 turns.

mike

My girlfriend ended up pulling this card out of the deck. We both eventually ended up in the treasure chamber together. Tempting the fates, we kept drawing cards until there was one card left. We both knew it was the card that would wake the dragon. On her next turn, she rolled a 12, took two more treasure cards, and left me all by my lonesome deep in the dungeon. She had a lucky run... but, I made it out on the 1-2 roll time marker. I had 151 more gold coins than her in loot. We both chalked it up as a win, though. That was a **** good run for us... [Please note: All other runs after this involved both of us being torn asunder by dungeon traps and denizens. Must've burnt our luck on that awesome playthrough.]

Abyssus Angelus said:

My girlfriend ended up pulling this card out of the deck. We both eventually ended up in the treasure chamber together. Tempting the fates, we kept drawing cards until there was one card left. We both knew it was the card that would wake the dragon. On her next turn, she rolled a 12, took two more treasure cards, and left me all by my lonesome deep in the dungeon. She had a lucky run... but, I made it out on the 1-2 roll time marker. I had 151 more gold coins than her in loot. We both chalked it up as a win, though. That was a **** good run for us... [Please note: All other runs after this involved both of us being torn asunder by dungeon traps and denizens. Must've burnt our luck on that awesome playthrough.]

Wow, nice! That sounds like a tense game!

To answer the OP's question, I would say yes, you escape automatically. "Exiting the dungeon" is part of the effect listed on the card, so it happens as you resolve the card. If you were expected to make your way out by normal means, there would be no need for the latter part of that sentence on the card. Also, that sounds to me like a suitable reward for rolling a 12 on 2d6. Only 1 out of 36 possible results nets you get out of jail free effect, and you hit the jackpot.

For the moment, nobody in my group has managed to escape donjon after enter dragon chamber. For the moment only 1 girl in my group managed to enter the dragon chamber lol 1 unique time. (I killed her in a combat :D )

Steve-O said:

Also, that sounds to me like a suitable reward for rolling a 12 on 2d6. Only 1 out of 36 possible results nets you get out of jail free effect, and you hit the jackpot.

As is the suitable punishment when you roll a 2 on 2d6, which also a 1 in 36 chance (of course): instant death! demonio.gif