ideas for a dungeonquest expansion

By Olaf ohne Land, in DungeonQuest

Hello ,

first:

I am a german player , so please excuse my low english knowledge

second:

I've bought the new FFG-Dungeonquest (I still have the Dungeonquest edition from Games Workshop)

in the hope that my secret wishes for this new edition would be released - because the FFG Game Creators

have mostly very good ideas when they create new games.

Unfortunately - not .

This is why I send you now my few ideas which could probably used in an expansion of Dungeonquest

1. : there could be found artifacts like weapons or armour which give the adventurer a permanent plus-modification for the rest of the game

2. : I think it is a good idea when adventurers could meet NPC's like merchand , weapon smith healer or a follower on their way through the dungeon

3. : The adventurer should be given start budget of money for hiring followers or for bying equipment at the start of the game

4. : an alternate combat modus for short combat by example rolling the dice like in Runebound board game

I hope the one or other idea welcome

Olaf ohne Land said:

1. : there could be found artifacts like weapons or armour which give the adventurer a permanent plus-modification for the rest of the game

2. : I think it is a good idea when adventurers could meet NPC's like merchand , weapon smith healer or a follower on their way through the dungeon

3. : The adventurer should be given start budget of money for hiring followers or for bying equipment at the start of the game

4. : an alternate combat modus for short combat by example rolling the dice like in Runebound board game

1 - yes. something like this could be cool - or more runes/one time items that you randomly find in encounters. Maybe something that would have a gold point value - BUT - if you spent it you would have to discard it. So you could exit with the GP value - or have to use it and lose out on those points.

2 - I don't find it too plausible that merchants or weaponsmiths are just hanging out in one of the most dangerous dungeons ever... :) this would be a really strange change to the game in my opinion.

3 - could be interesting if implemented properly - but I like the idea of starting with nothing - and really playing with nothing... you don't pick up any weapons along the way - and personally I kinda like that. It would change things if weapons and armor started entering the game...

4 - BINGO!!! I would love to see a simple rule set - along the lines of the original - that would not make use at all of the current combat cards. Don't get me wrong - I like the new system - but I liked the original system as well... some day I will get off my butt and remake the original cards from the old version with the new monsters. :)

5 - more heroes

6 - more monsters

7 - more ways to die

Olaf ohne Land said:

Sounds good to me.

Olaf ohne Land said:

I have to agree with Greenie on this one. Merchants and healers wandering around inside Dragonfire Dungeon doesn't make much sense, especially when one of the big plot points is that Kalladra comes out every evening after sunset to eat anyone still alive. This level of commerce is better suited to a game like Descent, where the heroes aren't making a mad dash against time to collect as much loot as their greedy arms can carry.

Olaf ohne Land said:

Sounds good on paper, but considering how quickly your hero can bite it, I think this would just make the game more frustrating. Why spend ten minutes buying starting gear when there's a decent chance your hero will die in the first room they enter?

Olaf ohne Land said:

I don't have any particular issue with the card combat in the game, but I wouldn't be strictly opposed to a simpler die-roll mechanism.

Perhaps PLAYERS could lay down traps.

A couple of unique (= no duplicates) tiles that do something crazy or horrible... like extra tower exit, pitfall, pit full of snakes, ancient teleporter, healing well/ cursed well/wishing well, double trap room, fake dragon hoard etc etc