Likes and Dislikes

By BillStivers, in Cave Troll

Last night we played another game of Cave Troll! Here is my list of my likes and dislikes.

1. Balanced - All players have the same abilities and character to play on the board. It's how you use them that makes the difference

2. Length of game - 30 min to 1 hr depending on your how competitive you game group is.

3. Different game every time

4. Four Actions - Every player can decide what kind action to use, what order, where on the board to use the action.

Dislikes:

1. Minis - Somtimes it's hard to tell the difference between some of the minis

2. Doors could be easier to see on the board.

Overall I have really enjoyed bringing this game out of the closet

BillStivers said:

Last night we played another game of Cave Troll! Here is my list of my likes and dislikes.

1. Balanced - All players have the same abilities and character to play on the board. It's how you use them that makes the difference

2. Length of game - 30 min to 1 hr depending on your how competitive you game group is.

3. Different game every time

4. Four Actions - Every player can decide what kind action to use, what order, where on the board to use the action.

Dislikes:

1. Minis - Somtimes it's hard to tell the difference between some of the minis

2. Doors could be easier to see on the board.

Overall I have really enjoyed bringing this game out of the closet

Good to know and thanks for posting your impressions.

I'm on the fence about Cave Troll AND Drakon...I want to choose only one of those and Cave Troll, for now, as the lead...and it's cheaper to boot! :P

Cave troll is a nice little game : easy to learn and fun to play. It plays well with 2, but there's a nice battle going on for available spots when 4 players are involved. Moreover, it is compact and relatively cheap. It can drag to an hour sometimes but most games I played were over in 30-45 minutes.

I would pick this over drakon any day.