Secret Master Area

By Woerth, in Descent: Journeys in the Dark

When the heroes train/recuperate at a Secret Master Area can they train a skill or trait upgrade AND wounds or fatigue? Or do they just have the option to train wounds or fatigue or skills or traits?

When One-Fist has a sword equipped can he attack with the sword and then attack with his hook, giving his hook the +1 off hand damage bonus from the sword, even though he is attacking with the sword?

Thanks,

Brian

Woerth said:

1)When the heroes train/recuperate at a Secret Master Area can they train a skill or trait upgrade AND wounds or fatigue? Or do they just have the option to train wounds or fatigue or skills or traits?

2)When One-Fist has a sword equipped can he attack with the sword and then attack with his hook, giving his hook the +1 off hand damage bonus from the sword, even though he is attacking with the sword?

1) I've never managed to come across a definitive answer to this one and I had posted a similar question about three or four months ago. In the campaigns we have played it has always been a train one or train the other or train the last. The wording in the rulebook is vague to say the least.

My suggestion is discuss it with your group and decide how you want to treat it.

2) The condition by which you can get the off hand bonus is that you must have two one handed melee weapons equipped. As One-Fist's hook isn't designated as a weapon by the rules or by the description on his card he does not get the off hand effect of his other melee weapon choice. He does however get his melee trait dice as it is a listed as a melee attack.

In regards to secret training, you may upgrade your max wounds OR your max fatigue per campaign level. So you may only secret train 3 times in a campaign increasing your wounds OR fatigue.

Skills and traits are not part of the secret training, so you may buy several skills at the secret training regardless of the campaign level.

Jonny WS said:

In regards to secret training, you may upgrade your max wounds OR your max fatigue per campaign level. So you may only secret train 3 times in a campaign increasing your wounds OR fatigue.

Skills and traits are not part of the secret training, so you may buy several skills at the secret training regardless of the campaign level.

I believe his question was whether he could buy secret training and a skill or two trait dice in the same week with the same training action. Which is something I've never been able to come across a very clear answer for either, but my group has always played that you can't, thus gettting your secret training takes up an entire week's action itself.

Oh, I guess you are right. Okay then.

No, everything you train is separate.

Wounds
Fatigue
Trait dice
Skill card

You choose one and that is your weeks training.