Descent Online?

By Keiju2, in Descent: Journeys in the Dark

Hi there to you all!

I was wonderting if there is any way to play online to this (or any other ffg games) around?

My friends love the game but campaigns are too long for us ¿any option to play online?

Thanks!!!

keiju said:

Hi there to you all!

I was wonderting if there is any way to play online to this (or any other ffg games) around?

My friends love the game but campaigns are too long for us ¿any option to play online?

Thanks!!!

Nope. Or rather, not that I am aware of.

FFG feels that computer/video games really cut into the entire board gaming industry and aren't likely to go along with any propsed projects that would allow their games to be played in that manner. Battlepawn is such an ill-fated example.

Boardgame geek does.

The players use "VASSAL", which is just an online tool for placing graphics and items from the game. A moderator has to moderate the game and uses VASSAL to create screenshots…and they play the game via a forum which is the same as play by email.

There are literally hundreds of games played this way using VASSAL and Boardgamegeek.

There is a small community playing Play-By-Forum at BGG.

Its more difficult than playing tabletop, and it requires some discipline and commitment, but it works so long as you are patient, forgiving and reasonable.