NFL 2010 Thread

By Stag Lord, in 8. AGoT Off Topic

Revis is in camp! Woot!

Really looking forward ot this year. Gonna be fun rooting for the Jets and against Favre, against the Cowboys. I think the Pats are still really solid - I don't know about teh Dolphins (but they're a trendy pick). Broncos and Chargers should be good in eh West, I expect teh Colts to be there at 12-4 or better again - AFC north is interesting. Steelers will be hurt w/o Roethlisberger for the first month and a half - Bengals had a good year last year - can they keep it up? Ravens always have a good defense and should hang aorund.

Love the Pack in teh NFC. I doubt Favre can have the year he did last season again - so I'm not sold on the Vikings. Cowboys will dominate the weak NFC East. I like the Niners in the NFC West - not sure on the Cardinals with a new QB. Falcons and Saints shoudl both be good in teh NFC Sout,

Can't wait for thursday - can't wait for football.

And so ti begins....nice defensive struggle last night between the champs and the Vikings - and I was pleased to see the Saints prevail. Favre looks old and rusty and I would have loved to have seen him take a little more of a beating - but this worked for me.

How many frakkin' penalties can you take in one game/ Jesus - lose by one point and take 150+ yards in penalties? Talk about cutting your own throat.

That being said: i am quite alramed by the state of teh Jets offense. defnse looks like its in mid season form - though Cromartie needs to cut down of the pass interference calls - but they better figure out hwo to move the ball or they are looking at a long, long autumn.

Nice to see the Colts already lose one. Pats and Fish are already 1-0 though - and the Pats are coming in sunday. too early to call ti a must win game?

And nice win for the Packers sunday - Clay Matthews is a stud.

Stag Lord said:

How many frakkin' penalties can you take in one game/ Jesus - lose by one point and take 150+ yards in penalties? Talk about cutting your own throat.

Hey, when your head coach is one of those machismo Ryan's - I think you'd better expect to be a heavily penalized team

Hey! what are you doing here on my NFL blog!

Geez though - it would be good to get opinions form other NFL fans here. Where the hell are dobbler, rings and sellsword?

Yes - Ryan has got a lot of talk - and very little to actually show for it. And this week we have Braylon Edwards driving drunk on the West Side highway - and STILL PLAYING in the game Sunday. way to step up Jets. Ugh. At any rate - i can at least take soalce in teh whipping we laid on teh Patriots in the secodn half - and this sure has been an inetresting team to watch so far in 2010.

Steelers ahve surprised me by looking dominanat without Roethlisberger so far. And the Colts looked scary good sunday night. until furtehr notice - i think those tow are still the class of the AFC and the Jets ahve a ways to got before we are in their weight class.

other then my fantasty team being #1 so far, i have no pinions on the nfl just yet.

eagles are worse than a soap on sweeps and the rest of the league is still shaking out.

So, Lars, as an Eagles fan, what's your take on Vick starting? Personally, although there's no denying he's one of the most entertaining/exciting players to watch of all time, I think that making him the starter over Kolb is a mistake long term. The big runs/escapes help hide the fact that Vick really isn't that great of a QB (IMO).

Great, thrilling win for teh Jets last night over the Fish down in Miami. Probably the best regular season win Rex Ryan has had in his Jets tenure - a loss would have put us two back of teh Fish with them having a win over us. Back and forht all night - and yeah, teh fish put up a lot of fofense, but teh Jets D is down its three best players - Calvin PAce, Derrl Revis and Kris jenkins. when they get Revis and Pace back (Jenkins is gone for the year) the D will eb orders of magnitutude better.

and gosh - even without Roethlisberger, The Steelers are out to a 3-0 start. I think they are the team to beat in the AFC with the Colts not far behind. But I think the Colts need to be at hoem to win - I can see Pitt going inot any building in teh AFC in January and winning.

Cowboys and Vikings both get much neded first wins. Tonight's Packers-Bears matchup shoudl be a lot of fun.

LordofBrewtown said:

So, Lars, as an Eagles fan, what's your take on Vick starting? Personally, although there's no denying he's one of the most entertaining/exciting players to watch of all time, I think that making him the starter over Kolb is a mistake long term. The big runs/escapes help hide the fact that Vick really isn't that great of a QB (IMO).

its someone in the orginization having delusions of grandeur. they think they can win now with vick (yet to see if they are wrong, but yet to see a good team against vick for full game).

its absolutely the wrong move long term, but hey i don't need to care about footballl for the next 5 years, not with the phillies now and the flyers looking solid.

It's gonna be a tough year to talk about football - unless the Vikings make some dramatic changes in the upcoming bye week I think that it is going to be a very long year.

A number of people will and are blaming Favre and yes he deserves some of it but he does not have a whole lot of experienced wide receivers to throw to. And the vikings are paying a lot of money to Berrian for a whole lot of nothing. I don't expect he will be resigned by the Vikings after the season. And Childress is back to his confused looking self when things are not going as he expects, plus I think he has some serious issues when it comes to people saying what they think he should do. so on the plus side the year could result in a good draft pick and better coach.

So far the Bears are doing well, they are not necessarily pretty about it but they are looking better than they have in recent years.

Green Bay is arguably the best team in the NFC North and I have no doubts they will rebound from their penalty extravaganza with the Bears, however they do appear to still have their offensive line problems.

Detroit is still Detroit - yes they appear to have a good running back in Jahvid Best but that won't be enough, just ask Barry Sanders.

And strangely enough the jets games have been one of the games shown here the past couple of weeks, and aside from the first week they have improved each week and a lot of how they do will most likely depend on how Sanchez manages the game and if he can work out a connection with Holmes when he can play again. And though Revis not playing is a loss if you can't win without one player you probably don't deserve to. i expect them to have the upper hand when the Vikings face them in week 5.

I don't think anyone was expecting what they have seen from the Steelers with no QB to speak of. the only thing that is more surprising is Kansas City being 3-0 but we shall see if that holds up.

As far as the Colts go people can hate Peyton manning all they want but I personally think he is one of the smartest QB's in football and teams pretty much have to play absolutely perfect defense to rattle him and sometimes that doesn't even work.

Stag Lord said:

Hey! what are you doing here on my NFL blog!

Geez though - it would be good to get opinions form other NFL fans here. Where the hell are dobbler, rings and sellsword?

Yes - Ryan has got a lot of talk - and very little to actually show for it. And this week we have Braylon Edwards driving drunk on the West Side highway - and STILL PLAYING in the game Sunday. way to step up Jets. Ugh. At any rate - i can at least take soalce in teh whipping we laid on teh Patriots in the secodn half - and this sure has been an inetresting team to watch so far in 2010.

Steelers ahve surprised me by looking dominanat without Roethlisberger so far. And the Colts looked scary good sunday night. until furtehr notice - i think those tow are still the class of the AFC and the Jets ahve a ways to got before we are in their weight class.

I hate Manning less and less as the years go by. He has lost a lot of the arrogance adn entitlement he seemed to have (I'll never forget him throwing his OL under the bus minutes after they lost to the Steelers in the '05-'06 playoffs). Still root againts the guy pretty much every chance I get - and love seeing him at 1-2 at the moment.

And SS - I can't WAIT to face the vikings next week. I think we are going to knocj the snot out of Fvare - adn yes: it is his fault. The team could have had McNabb this apst off season, but you had to wait for the Brett drama to play out. Then he misses all ot training camp....The only bad thing is that I am going to have to lsiten to teh ESPN guys fawn all over Brett while he is taking his pounding next week.....Oh - and looks like Vick took a devastating shot there in the Redskin game last night. Ouch, Supposedly he can't even pull on his shirt at the moment.

Don't be surprised to see McNabb here next year if Childress manages to keep his job - from talking to several people (so i don't really know the truth of it) mcNabb turned the contract extension offer from the Redskins so he may be available next year. And i happen to agree that the Vikings should have gone after McNabb - even if Brett had decided to return after the fact.

i may have to watch the game in a bar next week as i may need to immediately drown my sorrows-probably shouldn't drink that much on a work night though.

Sanchez really seems to be coming into his own though, LT appears to have a new breath of life to him, and you get Santonio Holmes back as well.

Stag Lord said:

I hate Manning less and less as the years go by. He has lost a lot of the arrogance adn entitlement he seemed to have (I'll never forget him throwing his OL under the bus minutes after they lost to the Steelers in the '05-'06 playoffs). Still root againts the guy pretty much every chance I get - and love seeing him at 1-2 at the moment.

And SS - I can't WAIT to face the vikings next week. I think we are going to knocj the snot out of Fvare - adn yes: it is his fault. The team could have had McNabb this apst off season, but you had to wait for the Brett drama to play out. Then he misses all ot training camp....The only bad thing is that I am going to have to lsiten to teh ESPN guys fawn all over Brett while he is taking his pounding next week.....Oh - and looks like Vick took a devastating shot there in the Redskin game last night. Ouch, Supposedly he can't even pull on his shirt at the moment.

And it sounds like you guys will have RANDY FREKING MOSS! Taht should make the old man happy.....

Good thing Darrel Revis will be back this week.

So - Randy Moss wasn't much of a factor - but he makes Percy Harvin a hell of a lot better. And sellsword - i hate to say this but Favre looks done. Yeah - he tossed three TDs - but that is because Ryan blitzes every freaking third down and tall wideouts can beat the blitz when they are in single coverage and if you don't get to teh QB in time. Not impressed. and - as usual - he cost his team teh agem in the end.

Really would have liked a couple fo TDs in teh first half when we were dominating. That game never should have been close - we pushed the Vikings around all night and they couldn't get anything going on offense until the very end.

Next up: denver. they're in a down cycle, but Mile High is never an easy palce to win at.

Tony Romo - OW

Cowboys - done

And what's up with Dobbler's Chiefs? Are they for real? (Nice to see Oakland hang 60 on Denver the other day - made me miss my silver and balck roots).

Yesterday's Ginats collapse againt teh Eagles was one fo the gret moments I ahev ever experienced as a Jets fan. Go eagles - way to score 28 points in a little under eigth minutes - LOL

now my team also had a stalwart game against the rapist Roethlisberger and his Steelers on a frozen Heinz Field. One mroe win and we get in - I am crossing my fingers it comes htis weekedn so the final game agaisnt Buffalo is meaningless.

the eagles game was slightly bittersweet for me. yes it was awesome watching it, but vick was having a crappy day before that and of course I was going against him in fantasy and his last 2 td's cost me a shot at $400.

Stag Lord said:

Yesterday's Ginats collapse againt teh Eagles was one fo the gret moments I ahev ever experienced as a Jets fan.

So what you're saying is your team sucks so much that one the greatest moments of your team was the demise of another team, from an entirely different league and division, that your team had nothing to do with.

Um........pretty much.

It ain't easy bein' green.

Great to see the Pack get in and keep the Giants out. I'll porbably be rooting mostly for tehm - teh Jets drew Peyton Manning and the high powered Colts on Saturday - and absed on what I have seen from the defense all year - I'm not holding out much hope for this one.

Jets 28 Pats 21 - wow! Best win i have ever seen Gang Green secure. I don't know how well we will do in Pittsburgh - but I am just thrilled at seeing another deep playoff run. And Packers-Bears is a classic old NFL title tilt - though I suspect Green Bay will hammer the men form the Midway.

Great NFL season and we should have an intriguing Super Bowl no matter whioch two teams end up going.